chapter 85 - iwaoi

iwaizumi sat on the floor and leaned back, resting his head against oikawa's leg who was seated above on the couch behind him.

they were playing portal together yet again, but this time their cooperation was exceedingly better than ever before.

whether it was because they had finally settled their argument or because they were both finally aware of the other's feelings, neither of them knew, but they didn't complain.

they didn't even need to talk to beat the level and it was like they were communicating telepathically. somehow, they just knew what the other was thinking and it was only a matter of time before they beat the entire game again for the seventh time.

iwaizumi's fingers moved swiftly around the controller, the buttons and joysticks moving to his will as he hummed, happy to be close to oikawa again.

oikawa took his hand off of the controller for a second to run his hand through iwaizumi's hair, massaging his scalp slightly and earning a kiss on his thigh from the ace.

"i love this," iwaizumi sighed happily.

"we're just playing video games like always haji," oikawa chuckled.

"yes...but...being like this," he paused the game and turned around, looking up at the setter. "i love being close to you like this. it's comforting."

oikawa smiled and pulled iwaizumi up from the floor.

"it is. i'm just glad we finally settled everything. all of that drama and pettiness was getting to be too much," oikawa admitted.

"yeah...but we're together now and that's what matters."

iwaizumi sat down next to oikawa on the couch and brought his hand to the setter's jaw. he turned oikawa's head toward himself and pressed a kiss against his lips, gentle and full of care.

iwaizumi pulled away first, but gave oikawa another quick peck on the cheek before he spoke.

"speaking of which...i want to take you out on a date," iwaizumi declared.

oikawa shifted up on the couch, "what do you mean? we already hang out almost every day," he pointed out.

"no, no, not like that. i mean like, a real date...one where we go out together and do something special or fun. not just hanging out at my house after school playing video games," iwaizumi explained.

oikawa raised his eyebrows, his expression reflecting the skepticism in his mind.

"not that i don't absolutely love hanging out with you!! i love being with you, in fact, i'd love to spend as much time with you as i can-that's not the point, i just want to take you out on a real, romantic date," iwaizumi grew flustered, an intense blush rising to his cheeks.

oikawa stared at the ace, a slight grin creeping across his face which eventually broke out into sudden laughter.

"wow! iwa-phewww, i gotta breathe," oikawa clutched his sides as he keeled over, "you-you are such a goddamn softie, you know that?"

"what's wrong with me being soft?" iwaizumi pouted.

iwaizumi pounced on the setter, the two of them falling back onto the couch. iwaizumi hovered over oikawa before he began attacking him with kisses, pressing them all over his face and neck which only made oikawa laugh even harder.

"haji-that tickles!!" oikawa giggled, squirming underneath iwaizumi's touch.

"too bad! apparently, i'm just a big softie so now i have to act like one!"

"ahaha-i never said there was anything-hahahaha-wrong with being soft! it's cute really," oikawa smirked.

iwaizumi sat back up between oikawa's legs and squeezed his thigh gently. the ace looked oikawa's body up and down for a moment before he locked eyes with the setter.

"would you rather me to not be so soft?" he asked lowly.

oikawa's eyes widened, his cheeks turning red as he broke eye contact. iwaizumi reached down and turned oikawa's head to face him once more.

"i-uhh...wouldn't be...opposed..." oikawa could barely even form a full sentence.

"is that a yes?"

"...yes."

iwaizumi leaned back down and pressed his entire body against oikawa's, crashing his lips down to meet the setter's. he was no longer gentle, but rather more rough and desperate.

he moved toward oikawa's neck, placing messing kisses along his jawline before lightly sucking on the skin just below it. oikawa gripped iwa's back, running his fingers down his toned muscles.

iwaizumi left a few dark marks around oikawa's collarbone earning a low moan from the setter which only turned iwaizumi on even more.

they broke away for a moment, only to take their shirts off, the atmosphere around them becoming increasingly more heated.

oikawa slung his arm behind iwaizumi's neck and pulled him back down onto his lips, his hand skimming over iwaizumi's shorter hair. iwaizumi gently nibbled on oikawa's bottom lip, a sign to which oikawa opened his mouth slightly.

the ace took the opportunity and slipped his tongue inside the setter's mouth, oikawa responding as his tongue danced with iwa's between their lips.

oikawa bucked his hips on instinct, earning a sudden moan from iwaizumi who grinded back down on oikawa in return. oikawa dug his nails into iwa's back, dragging them down and leaving faint lines etched into his skin.

suddenly, the front door unlocked.

"hajime! we're home!! is tōru-kun still arou-oH!" iwaizumi's dad gasped, quickly turning away from the sight that greeted him from the living room.

iwaizumi broke away from oikawa, picking up his shirt and throwing it over their groins in a desperate attempt to hide their intentions.

"uMm-seems like we forgot something at the store! goodbye now!" his father called out, immediately pushing his wife back out of the house as soon as she stepped through the doorway.

oikawa cringed as the door slammed shut, the lock clicking right after.

the pair stared at each other for a moment, their shared embarrassment easily fading away as they broke out into laughter.

"i can't believe he just walked in on us like this!" oikawa snickered, trying to cover his face to hide his blush.

"it's okay. you know my dad, he's cool," iwaizumi smiled, gazing down at the setter beneath him.

iwaizumi lifted oikawa's hand off his face, interlocking their fingers and pinning his hand down next to his head.

"stop hiding your face," iwaizumi said softly, " you're beautiful, you know that?"

"then, kiss me you dork," oikawa retorted, bringing their lips together once again.

iwaizumi smiled into the kiss, pulling away to take a quick breath.

"now, where were we?"