chapter 82 - oikawa

"sorry!! it's off again!" oikawa shouted, cringing at his set.

the captain's game had been off for weeks and the entire team was starting to get worried.

more specifically, it seemed like iwaizumi was growing increasingly frustrated. all of his hits were off too because of oikawa's unstable sets.

today's practice wasn't any different as the seijoh ace watched his shot land outside the court yet again.

he clenched his fist tight and released it, letting out an exasperated sigh.

"i'm calling it," iwaizumi muttered under his breath, "we're ending early. clean up and go home," he announced flatly.

"but that's the third time this week," matsukawa whispered to hanamaki.

"you got a problem with it?" iwaizumi hissed, overhearing the other two third years.

mattsun raised his hands in defense as he and makki backed away from the brooding vice captain.

oikawa didn't bother making any extra comments and joined his teammates in cleaning up the gym. from the corner of his eye he watched as iwaizumi made a beeline for the club room.

it wasn't long before they finished up and oikawa locked the gym. the rest of the team headed toward the club room to pack up and grab the last of their bags.

the boys trickled in, grabbing their stuff and heading right back out, trying to avoid iwaizumi who stood in the corner facing the wall.

"someone looks pissed," oikawa mumbled to himself, not realizing that iwaizumi could hear him.

"excuse me?" he answered lowly.

"n-nothing," oikawa winced.

"tch, it's your fault anyway," iwaizumi scoffed.

"oh, so now you're talking to me? what is that supposed to mean, huh?" oikawa jabbed.

"it's your fault that we can't even get through one practice smoothly," iwaizumi deadpanned.

"how the hell is that my fault??" oikawa's volume increased.

"you're not focused and your sets have been shit for weeks."

"you're one to talk! you're the one who can't control your temper!"

"at least i can still play decently," iwaizumi retorted.

"that's because of-!" oikawa paused, glancing at a few of the seijoh members who still stood around them, "guys, can we have the room please?"

the rest of the team cleared the space without objection, leaving oikawa and iwaizumi to argue privately.

"that's because you keep ignoring me! what the hell am i supposed to do if you won't even communicate with me on the court iwa?" oikawa yelled.

"i ignore you because of what happened. first i walk in on kaede, and then i walk in on you and that setter from karasuno? i've had enough already!" iwaizumi's voice broke.

"you've had enough?! i can't believe you. you never even gave me a chance to explain!"

"what the fuck is there to explain tōru??" iwaizumi shoved oikawa into the lockers behind him, his tone full of hurt and anger.

oikawa's voice shook, tears quickly forming in his eyes, "if you'd just let me explain everything, then you'd underst-"

"oh, i understand alright...god! i must be so fucking stupid to think that you ever loved me back," iwaizumi laughed, the insanity and instability clear in his expression.