Ch.1 Exposition

A.N: this is my first story ever! Wattpads giving me a hard time with bolding text and putting up a cover pic so we'll try to get that sorted out!

We've gotta start with some exposition and push through the Avengers plot line (which is usually booring) but then all the fun fluff will begin!

I'll try to make it quick, but thank you for reading! I'd love any feedback!

---------------------------------------------

1994

Phil Coulson's POV

I begin walking back to the Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement Logistics Division Headquarters in New York after my hours of spying for the company.

I've been working for the company for 4 years now, starting when I was 26. I decided to join it when I learned I could help heroes like my role model, Captain America.

I used to believe in finding my true love, having children, and so forth until I realized that it was just so unlikely and that I'd rather spend time protecting people's happiness instead of finding my own.

On my way back, I notice a little girl, who looked about 5 or 6, surrounded by men in an alleyway. It doesn't look like good news, so I cross the street and start heading in her direction.

"Leave me alone!" she screams as they pick her up and put duct tape on her mouth. I hear her muffled cries and start sprinting towards the men.

Suddenly, the whole ground is covered in ice and the men slip and fall over, dropping the girl. I watch ice come out of her palms and the two men suddenly have their arms frozen to the floor.

I know I'm trained to handle people with powers, but I'm still nervous as I approach the girl. "Hi sweetie," I say, gently putting my hand on her shoulder. She moves back, scared.

"It's okay, I won't hurt you. Now what's your name and where's your family?" I soothingly ask.

She starts to calm down a bit, "I'm Hannah. I don't got a family. The kids at the orphananage said that I never would. They says I'm a monster because I can freeze things."

I kneel down to her level and debate whether the agency could help her. "You know," I whisper, making up my mind, "I know a place where there are people just like you. I'm sure they can help you out."

She nods slightly and takes my hand, walking with me while wondering what Fury will say.

*time-skip*

I carry Hannah in my arms as I walk into the HQ because even though she's in jeans and a hoodie on this summer day, she's still cold, and she got very tired of walking.

I look down at her sleeping form in my arms and decide that I've grown fond of her.

"Agent Coulson," Fury says, startling me, "why exactly do you have a little girl here?"

I start to get more nervous every second, "w-well she has ice powers and no family so I thought we could help her."

He stands there for a minute, looking at me, then at Hannah, then at me again, then Hannah, and sighs.

"Agent Coulson, we'll train her, but you're now responsible for the girl. I suggest you go find her orphanage and sign the adoption papers."

I walk out into the bright sunlight and start the search for the orphanage with Hannah in my arms. I'm nervous about becoming a dad so suddenly, but I'll make sure I'm the best dad ever.

---------------------------------------------

Woo! First chapter! They won't all be like this, they'll be more interesting.

I'm really excited for the future of the story because there's PLENTY of plot I'm thinking of so in return there will be PLENTY OF CHAPTERS!

If you really would like to know, I'm planning on having Guardians of the Galaxy, Loki, lots of Coulson/Cap moments, and big reveals.

I can't wait to write more! Thanks for reading!