Chapter 25: You play better

"Where do you wanna go?"

I just looked at her, I didn't expect her to come.

"You like me, don't you?" She looked at me, disgusted.

"Girl, the nerves. Pumunta ako kasi umiiyak ka tapos nasa labas ka pa. Kapag nagpakamatay ka tapos ako lang ang tinawagan mo baka ako pa sisihin. Mawawalan lalo ako ng chance kay baby Enzo ko." I laugh with what she said, she always has enzo on her mind. Callista really loves my friends huh?

"I'm just joking."

I was so irritated with her that I considered her whole existence irritating. I know that she is beautiful, but I never appreciated her beauty like this before.

"So san mo nga gustong pumunta?"

I look around, hindi ako mahilig mag libot around here, ni hindi ko nga alam kung nasaan kami e.

"Let's stay there." turo ko sa park na nakita ko.

The night is dark and silent. Takot ako sa daan kapag gabi but here, for unknown reason, i feel safe.

Umupo kami sa may swing. I can't believe I am with Callista at ako pa ang tumawag sa kanya after saying I can't be with her just a few days ago.

"Hindi ako madaldal pero madaling araw na and you interrupted my night so make it worth it, tell me what happened."

To be honest I don't even know why I called her, I just did.

"Is listening to my story worth it to you? You hate me." I said, umirap naman siya sa akin.

"You called me. Does it make sense? You hate me." she said.

"I am worst that you who attacked me during junior high because i am friend with your crush. I am an intruder." tinignan ko ang reaksyon niya, pero tinignan niya lang ako. "Hindi ka ba nagulat?"

"Hello, I was there when Lucas came to Ethan's place. He had a bad reputation in the university so I did some research cause I'm a born curious about everything then I found out that he has a girlfriend, it wasn't hard to find her cause she's a public figure."

Funny how I ask her a simple question but she's so detailed in answering them.

"Yeah, you got so curious about who am I and why am I talking to Enzo. Then you found out that we've been close since then so you made a scene." muli niya akong inirapan. Bilangin ko kaya kung ilang beses siyang umiirap araw araw.

"You're the topic here."

I sigh, I look at wherever my eyes land. It's a pity that I can't see the sky from here, natatakpan siya ng mga malalaking puno.

"I don't know what to tell you. Can you just ask me some questions instead?"

"Okay then. So were you crying?"

I was planning on telling her everything, I don't know why. But after she asked that question, I realized that I shouldn't, hindi kami matatapos.

"I just don't want him to give me hope when he is in love with someone else. I am already in a situation that is hard to handle, ayaw ko ng mas mahirapan pa. I told him that I am contented of what place I have in his life, sinabi ko na hayaan na lang niya ko don. Natatakot kasi ako na umasa tapos mapunta sa wala. Nakakatakot isipin na pwede pero hindi naman talaga. That would be very painful."

I don't know how to put my pain into words. I don't know how to make her understand the pain I have inside me.

"I seriously don't have anything to say. I'm sorry Allison but you called the wrong person, alam mo kung gaano din ako kabobong mag mahal. We won't help each other, we just can't." It is somehow nice talking to her. She says what she thinks.