Chapter 7: A Day With You

Nagising ako sa maingay na tunog ng cellphone ko. I answer the call without looking at the recipient.

"hello?"

(Can you come along?)

Nagising ang diwa ko nang marinig ang boses niya, it's Lucas.

"Huh? Saan?"

(On saturday, sa tagaytay.)

I said yes, without hesitation. Why am I not hesitating? That I don't know. Alam kong mali ito but how can I say no when my heart shouts yes?

From that day, wala na akong inisip kung hindi ang pagdating ng araw na yon. I don't know what's wrong with me pero every night, pinag darasal ko na sana bumilis ang mga araw.

Till the day came...

Ang ganda ng gising ko. It didn't took thst long before my happiness doubled. He's here and he doesn't look real. Bakit ba mas lalo siyang guma-gwapo habang tumatagal? Or was it just me falling harder? shit.

"You can sleep, I'll wake you up when we arrive, " umiling ako. I love road trips, there's no way I'm sleeping.

"fun doesn't start at the beginning nor in the middle or at the end. You won't even know when the peak is." I said.

"So you refused to miss any?" he asked, smirking. Tumango ako. "You're something..."

And that adds one of his lines that will keep me up at night. What am I Lucas? What's inside thst something?

This is scary because even after knowing what's right and wrong, I am still in control of what I am going to do. I can't see myself diving, neither do I see myself letting him go.

"That is a nice place,"

Galing kami sa under construction pa na bar nila and he discussed something with the architect. I was so fascinated with the whole place. The bar will have a rooftop, a perfect place to drink with the beautiful scenery of Mt. Taal.

"When my father said they're opening a new branch here, I immediately asked for the details," pag ku-kwento niya.

I remember looking at him awhile ago, he was so serious that you'll know he really wanted to do something related to it.

We stay for awhile there, sinabi niya sa akin kung anong balak nila and how it will look like. I didn't expect today to be like this but it is better because I feel like he is opening himself to me.

Medyo madilim na nang mapag desisyunan naming umalis. We stopped over at starbucks and he ordered coffee. We decided to drink inside the car while having random conversations. Time passed by quickly, napasarap ang kwentuhan namin that we didn't realized na napalitan na ng buwan and araw.

"How comes I forgot the sunset? The fuck." natawa siya sa reaksyon ko. Hindi lang ako makapaniwala na even on a normal day, I can look at the transition when I can pero ngayon that I have the full access to it, nakalimutan ko.

Hay Lucas, I guess I'll forget or even set aside everything if it is for you.

I am enjoying the view outside while he is driving nang bigla siyang may i-abot sa akin. It's his phone and a paper.

"Can you?" binuksan ko ang ilaw at binasa ang paper. It's the assignment we had last week and tomorrow will be the passing.

"Bat ngayon mo lang ginagawa?" sumalampak ako ng upo at inumpisahan nang i-type ito sa phone niya. "When did you learn how to take down notes?" nata-tawang tanong ko.