Chapter 20

Khavin POV

I stood in front of a tall building, at one point in my life I used to stand before it with my head held up and a proud smirk on my face, but now I was a bit tensed, sweat beads broke out at the back of my neck and my hands got cold. 

Once upon a time, this was the place that made me what I am, it gave me success and fame. I stepped into the elevator and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked professional, I cleaned up pretty well, but my self-doubt is eating me alive.

I got out on my floor and I saw my colleagues, teammates, etc welcoming me with a smile. I was thankful that though they might have been judging me they dint show it on their faces. My brother met me halfway and took me to my old cabin. It was just as I left, there were pictures of my graduation, there was one picture of me with my family when I was a kid, there was one picture with me with the orphanage kids. That picture immediately got a smile on my face, this picture was taken at my home when the kids visited us for my mom's birthday. I was giving them small rides in the wheelchair, I had a big smile on my face, the kids were giggling and I looked so carefree. 

Kalki ...

I miss her but first I have to prove myself. My brother was watching me admire that picture. He told me how he couldn't stop himself from clicking this picture of mine with the kids because that is the first time I looked so carefree after my suicide attempt. 

There was a board meeting today and my brother left after he informed me about the meeting. My cell phone rang in my pocket and I picked it up to find that it's Kalki who was calling me. My heart started beating rapidly and I could feel butterflies flying in my stomach. 

Me: Hello

Kalki: Hi

I could feel her take a deep breath before I heard someone nudging her to talk. The voice sounded like a child and he was nudging her to talk in his cute child-like voice " Didi, he is waiting, baat karon naa, uske pass pura din toh nahi hoga'', (Sister, he is waiting, talk to him, he does not have all day to talk to you)

I heard her murmur something like "Chup kar, tu bhaag yahaan sey", (Shut up !! Go away from here) 

After she said that I heard a faint giggle

Kalki: Hi

Me: You already said that

Kalki: Yeah, actually I wanted to wish you good luck for your first day at work. I know you will do well. 

Me: How did you know today was my first day ?

Kalki: Your brother called me, he said that you were going to start working again. He thanked me for whatever I did for your family. He said that if I would call and wish you today, it would be really special for you. He said that you would be happy and inspired though I doubt that.

Me: Why?

Kalki: I know I was a small catalyst for this change in you, I don't think I deserve the whole credit as your brother was giving me. You worked hard and you got it fair and square. I don't get, why he said that my wishes would make your day special. I didn't get why he said that I am your inspiration.

Me: So, you don't believe whatever he said is true?

Kalki: I mean yes I helped and all but the words he used, where he said I am your inspiration or how my wishes are really special for you is something I don't get

Me: Then why did you wish me?

Kalki: Because I wanted to wish you and also though those big words your brother used do not hold much truth in it, I believe that when it is an important day for someone, each wish a person gets would work wonders.

Me: Listen carefully Kalki, yes every wish counts that's true but your wish does make it all better. You inspire me, you motivate me and whatever I am or wherever I am right now is because of you. If it was not for you, I would have still been in that wheelchair cursing my life. If it was not for you, I would have never stepped into public because I was a coward who was afraid of all the judgments people would make behind his back. You are my inspiration, you are my motivation and you are my strength today. I am going to fight a huge battle because of you and your wishes filled me with so much hope and strength.  I want to prove myself in front of you Kalki and I believe that your wishes will make that easier because you are my lucky charm. Wait for me Kalki I will prove myself to you, then I have something to tell you as well

Kalki: What did you want to say?

Me: I will tell you when I prove myself to you, but until then get it into your mind that you are very special to me

Kalki: Khavin, what are you saying?

Khavin: Keep guessing, I have to go, bye love

I ended the call but I was filled with lots of determination. I will prove myself to her and make her mine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Readers,

How was the chapter?

Did you like the conversation between Khavin and Kalki ?

Please keep voting and commenting

Regards,

Indu