Chapter 40

Kalki POV

I woke up with a start and looked around the room. Khavin is gone, I switched on the bedside light because the curtains were drawn shut and the room was dark because of that. I saw a post it attached to the table saying he will be back by evening as he has to check on Maa and go to work.  I heard a slight drizzling outside and I walked to my balcony to look at it. It is a wonderful feeling, to be in love, to having that love reciprocated, to enjoy the drizzling rain while having your dry comfy clothes on. This is indeed a pleasure.

Aunty came into the room, she had her sweet smile on her face. 

Aunty: Beta, you haven't had anything since breakfast, I wanted to wake you for lunch but you were in deep sleep. Drink this milkshake and have an early dinner today so that by the time Khavin comes you can be ready.

Me: Aunty, why dint you wake me up ? I slept around 1 pm, now its already 5pm,  you could have woken me up.

Aunty: You weren't having proper sleep since so many nights Kalki. Your nightmares kept you up isn't it? For the first time in so many days you were having a carefree and peaceful sleep. You know, I saw a little smile on your face while you were sleeping. Were you dreaming about Khavin?

I couldn't answer to that but my blush said everything to her

I had the vanilla milkshake she gave me and went to have a shower so that I could pray for all the blessings and kindness god has shown me. I thought I lost Khavin, but today, I got him back and I am having his baby. Can god be anymore kinder?

I soaped and shampooed my hair, I applied my favorite lotion and this time I wore a saree for my husband. I know he loves me in sarees. I was drying my hair looking at the lush green trees, when I felt someone hugging me from the back, putting his hands around my waist and placing them on my stomach.

Khavin's POV

I completed my work with full energy and happiness, the anticipation that I would be meeting Kalki gave me a rush to work smartly and quickly. Before that I stopped by the hospital and saw that my mom was keeping well but resting. I will be coming back here late at night to sleep with her, so I decided to leave to Kalki's place.

As soon as I went I saw that the door was open and Aunty was making a garland with Jasmine flowers. I sat down with her and took it from her hands and started doing it for her. She was surprised that I was doing so well.

Me: My mom loves making garlands, in my childhood I used to sit with her and I found this activity very fascinating so I learned it so that we could do it together. That was our bonding time. She used to use that garland for prayers and later put it in her hair. knowing that I made it gave me a sense of pride, it made my mom happy.

Aunty: That is very sweet Beta, your mom raised you well

She patted my cheek with her soft hands and that made me happy. I missed my active and energetic mom, thinking about that my eyes became watery.

Aunty: Khavin, what happened? 

Me: Mom is still in hospital, I miss her

Aunty: Khavin, believe me when I say this, when a son misses his mother, the mother always knows. She will get better don't worry, you came early which is good Kalki was planning to do a prayer so you can also join us, she is getting ready.

Me: Can I go and meet her?

Aunty: Of course 

I ran up the stairs and saw her in the balcony drying her hair, I went quietly behind her and hugged her by slipping my hands around her waist and on to her stomach. I rested my chin on her neck and kissed her on her cheek, first her body became a bit rigid and then she relaxed. She threw her towel on the table and kept her hands on mine. That moment, enjoying the essence of the soil after a drizzle, Kalki in my arms smelling so good, made me forget all my troubles. She loosened her hands and turned towards me and she smiled looking at me. I looked at her with my hands on her cheek and I kissed her on her forehead. She forwarded me the box of Vermillion and I applied it on the hairline.  This moment it feels like a new beginning for us.

She told me about the prayer time and asked me to freshen up, while I was doing that she put her hair into a loose braid, few hair stands falling on her cheeks making her look complete. She was about to wear her Mangal sutra but I did it for her. I know she was happy I could see it in her eyes.

We both walked down hand in hand and Aunty gave us a sweet smile, after the prayers Aunty asked me to put the garland in Kalki's hair, which I did. Then she revealed to Kalki that it was me who made that and Kalki looked at me with proud eyes. 

After having dinner Aunty told us both to rest and she went away. We both walked in to the room and as soon as we went in I pulled Kalki towards me and hugged her tight in my arms.

Me: Kalki if I say I would like to make love to you would you be okay with that or do you ....

Kalki: I am double okay with that, why do you think I wore a saree today ?

Me: About that, let me tell you you look beautiful 

Kalki: I hope you wouldn't drop me in a pool like our first night, I would like to stay warm and dry today because it is a bit chilly today.

Me: I wont, even I would like to stay dry and warm today, wrapped up with you in my arms.

Kalki looked up at me with a sensual smile and I kissed her, just a soft peck at first and then a steamy kiss later. I picked her bridal style in my arms and laid her on the bed, that night when she melted in my arms moaning my name, I know that it is truly the new beginnings and many more sweet moments to come.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Readers,

How was the chapter today?

Did you like it ?

How many guys like wearing flower garlands?

Please vote and comment

Regards,

Indu