Chapter 4

Kalki POV

I was walking towards Mr.Khavin's room with Mr.Aneesh. I know their business suffered lately but seems like they were so well to do that even in these tough times they were still able to lead a rich life.

I followed Mr.Aneesh to a room down the hall, as soon as I entered the room I could see that it was a warm and cozy bedroom with an attached balcony. Mr.Khavin was sitting there looking at the plants, maybe he could hear us but he didnt do any movements. 

I walked into the balcony and the beautiful setting has blinded me for a while

I walked into the balcony and the beautiful setting has blinded me for a while. This setting was gorgeous. Mr.Anish walked to Mr.Khavin and called him out while I was waiting by the entrance of the balcony not knowing if I should invade ones personal space.

Mr.Anish: Chotey, this is Kalki she would be your physiotherapist from now on. She has a remarkable record with her patients Chotey. She worked with people who were brutally injured while fighting on the border and they have recovered pretty well under her. They all show exceptional improvements after working under her. I believe even you would be better Chotey.

Now he turned his wheel chair towards me and looked at me intensely, when he opened his mouth I know I am not going to give him any respect 

Khavin: Oh so you have worked with soldiers and warriors, great I cant even mock you now. Imagine the glorious opportunity to mock someones talent but here you are a marvellous doctor who treats people and gives them hope. Guess I am stuck with you from now on and I cant even mock you because of your incredible service to people.

Mr.Anish: Chotey, stop being rude and foolish. She is your physiotherapist from now on and promise me that this time you would not throw your infamous tantrums. These are all doctors who save a persons life you cant keep shutting them out if you want to be better.

Khavin: I am a grumpy and rude humanbeing but what to do if I have been judged for something I dint do in first place and I am stuck in this life without any way to go. I wanted to die bhaiyya but look at me. So I am sorry if I am not being nice and sweet to people.

Mr.Anish: Chotey, I know this is difficult for you but we are all trying to make you better. All the doctors and nurses attend to the different needs of you for your betterment. You cant push away everyone we find Chotey, your attitude has caused the nurses to give up, doctors don't even come for check ups anymore without multiple requests. Stop showing this attitude and let people do their jobs. Kalki please pardon my brother he can be a dimwit at times, Ill take your leave.

Mr.Anish left while cursing his brother while I awkwardly stood there confused on how to handle this patient. God, I have to work real hard on him.

Me: Khavin, if mocking me gives you the motivation to at least move off your ass and work hard then you can do that but dont expect me to be a silent and calm person. Dont sulk when I mock you back deal?

Khavin: Wait you cant talk to me like that?

Me: Oh that is nothing the more you turn out to be difficult the more I would heighten the degree of the brunt you are going to bare for being a grumpy oldperson who gets kicks from getting people to sympathise with you. You had difficulties, you had tough times, life was unfair to you we get it but rejecting the possibilities of a brand new life because of your cowardness is so not cool. Oh before I forget I do have the right to talk to you like that, if you want you could ask your brother.

Khavin: You wont last here for more then a week. Others quit too, you would soon. All this attitude and big talks would just be for a while, I will make sure I will push you away too.

Me: I dunno about others, you don't intimidate me, your condition does not too because I have seen far worse with people who lose themselves physically, mentally, and emotionally fighting for the country and they don't even complain. They may be losing hope but they try hard to get back in shape and join back. Maybe you think they were not judged or mistaken that's true too but what are you doing to prove people wrong that is the question.

Its all about your efforts and your will. It's not about us or your past, it is about your present, you got a second chance in life so take it, get back in shape, prove to people that you are not wrong. If you are being like this then maybe even you think that you were wrong, even you think that you are the culprit. If you don't show efforts it means you have accepted that you are a culprit but if you fight back then it proves your innocence. Why ruin your life because of other's when you can clearly fight back.  If you are innocent then show people you are right and prove them wrong.

You choose what you want to do, but I will be here without being a quitter, fighting back so that I know I am a good doctor so that you accept I am good. Now before I forget can you go into your room I have to conduct some tests.

Khavin: I am not going to...

Me: Would you rather have me pick you up and put you inside. 

Khavin: Whom are you kidding you cant pick me up 

Me: I would I might not guarantee what happens after I try, I might drop you on the ground, I might throw you into the pool considering how you get on my nerves or I can ....

Khavin: Stop !! I am going inside, anyways I am tired of this place after someone's annoying presence spoiled this ambiance.

Me: Good naa, at least its getting my work done, from now on it would be my work, to annoy you so much that you would prefer to put your 100% efforts rather than have my presence around you.

Khavin: Uggh

Now while he was cursing me, Khavin did what he was asked

The progress you think?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Readers,

How was the chapter?

How did you like the banter between both of them?

Keep reading, voting, sharing and commenting

With Love,

Indu