Chapter 25

Anish POV

Khavin has been gone from the hall for a while. Maybe Khavin and Kalki made up, who knows? They might just walk through that door holding each other's hand and smiling brightly. Oh, how I wish I could see my Khavin happy. 

After we all waited for a while I went in search of both Khavin and Kalki. I went towards the garden and I saw Chotey sit on the bench with a sad expression on his face. I thought he would have proposed by now and Kalki must have accepted, then what suddenly happened?

Me: Chotey, what are you doing here? Why do you look sad? Where is Kalki? Did you propose to her?

Khavin: Kalki left after I proposed, she got a job opportunity and she left. She loves me bhai, but not enough that she could hang around and wait until I am ready for a long-term relationship like marriage.

Me: Chotey, Kalki loves you I could see it in her eyes. You must be mistaken or maybe it is a misunderstanding. 

Khavin: Yes bhai you are right she loves me but she dint want to wait, she left to join a new job.

Me: Let me talk to her and convince her. Even if she is joining a new job you don't have to separate. She would be here, you would be here and you can sort it out. She must be afraid thinking you are not ready for marriage and stuff. I think you love her enough to give her that kind of serious commitment.

Khavin: You can't talk to her Bhai, she got a new job in the USA with her mentor. He gave her a contract job for a year or something. She is leaving soon to work with Mr. Prasad.

Me: Wait, what was the name of that person?

Khavin: Mr.Prasad

Me: Oh no, I think I know why she left you, and its not her fault

Khavin: What do you mean?

Me: When you were having a talk with the employees I was having a conversation with Kalki when our investor joined, looking at your progress he told me something about offering you a year-long project with his entity in UK after which he would give you back the CEO role. He went on, about how you were really talented and how he would ask you to travel there. I tried to stall him telling him that you had other interests here and you would not be willing to go there because you had people you love in India. When I said this I looked at her and she blushed. Then that investor spoke about if you dint go there he would make someone else the CEO. At that point in time Kalki intertwined and asked him why would he replace you because you have worked hard for that. 

He just shrugged and said if you don't go there are different people who are ready to go in your place. At that point of time, she told him that, we would all together convince you because it was all your hard work and it is your right to be the CEO. After her assurance that we would convince you to go, he went ahead meeting others but I saw Kalki in deep thoughts. Maybe she was formulating a plan because she knew you won't go as you love her and our family. Maybe she broke your heart so that you would want a change and take up this project.

Khavin: What is she crazy? Why would she do all this? Does she think I would leave with her stunt. I was hurt but I was confident that I will never hurt you all again with my coward behavior. I will never abandon my own family again, maybe she thought I wouldn't get the CEO, but she should have at least asked me if I was interested in being CEO. Stupid girl !! Bhai, what if she really got a job and she was telling the truth?

Me: Stupid Mr. Prasad, the name she took was actually the name of our investor we met today, she wanted to take a fake name and she took his name. She never wanted to leave India because she loves to live here where she had some sweet memories with her parents. I know that because I offered her an opportunity today, where I could recommend her to top-class surgeons in hospitals abroad, she just smiled and told me she was not interested because she loved India and how she liked living here because she had her memories hereafter which that investor Mr.Prasad came there.

After I told Khavin the whole story he looked pissed off. Kalki is the right girl for him. Both are fools, she distanced herself for him, and he was willing to let her go for her career. When he realized what a fool he was he gave me a sheepish smile and ran towards the exit.

I hope he can convince Kalki now and patch up with her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys,

How was the twist?

Did you like it?

Please vote and comment

Regards,

Indu