Chapter 7

Khavin POV

Okay it's official now

Kalki is very annoying, she says something and Bhai just listens to her without any complaints. Why is he doing this?

Cant, he understand that even though I am better now I might never be the old Khavin again?

What should I say about Kalki, she is very bossy, pushy, and annoying as hell. Normally I would just throw her out of my life but my dear brother is on her side, even my mother likes her. Yesterday I went to my mom's room to pursue her to let Kalki go but all she had was praises for her. Apparently, when I was hospitalized it was her who donated her blood to save me. How noble right?

She donated her blood and when my mom was worried sick about my life Kalki sat with her and gave her strength and courage. What is it with her? Why does she have to be so sweet to all my family while she is so different with me?

Why is she so pushy?

Why does she have to use a trump card everytime saying let me just call your brother, as if I am afraid of him. Stupid girl, I am not afraid of anyone, I just respect my brother that I want to atleast try to keep the promise I made to him. I was going to atleast show them that I tried because even though I get back to walking can I get back the respect I had in past? Can I have the same charm in handling my business as I had before?

This annoying Kalki made a schedule for me, I wake up, get ready then she has her people do a massage. Initially I was skeptical because I dint like the idea of someone touching me but then when I got habituated to it I started liking it. Ofcourse I would like it, I mean who wouldnt like massages may be I was biased to not try it out because it was an idea proposed by Kalki.May be I had my inhabitations about this because I found her bossy. I did not want her to win but what to do? Everyone in my family were team Kalki, so I should keep my mouth shut and show that I am trying.

After the massage she started taking up some physiotherapy with her equipment that my room seemed like a gym room in the morning. She had all this workout plan for my condition and when she is doing it she is very focused and has a don't mess with me attitude. When she is helping me with the workout she doesn't take digs at me or mock me when I am difficult. She has a serious face and a death glare, then I know to not push her to much.

My life is in her hands now, the schedule she made is hectic which involves a lot of physical movement. I cant stay in my room anymore, she takes me to walks around my property, she makes me do activities which improve my mobility and flexibility. After my waist up exercises she also has me do some leg exercises. 

Whenever they test me after a week or two sessions and sees some improvement in my condition, I like the fact that my little improvements make them really happy. I can see the smile on my mom's face and the proud grin on my brother'ss face which makes me want to try a little more. The one thing which appeals to me the most is the smile on Kalki's face when Bhai credits her but she credits my efforts and my will power to work hard.

Why does she have to do that ?

I mean why cant she just accept the praise my family is showering on her ?

If she smugly took the praise and shown her arrogance I would have reasons to hate her but she does not do that she gives a positive feedback and credit to me which confuses me. If she is mean I can be mean to her its easier that way but when she is nice I have to be nice to her too. 

I have to try hard for my family and the way she is crediting all the success to my hardwork and my families support I have no reasons to mock her. I have no reasons to hate her for pushing me to limits. When I can finally make my family smile because of me I am willing to give a 100% so that I can give them the happiness they deserve.

Once when I saw my family being happy and satisfied I didnt find her annoying anymore. She used to be in her high spirits daily with positivity and optimism which bothered me before but now I tolerate her. I dont mock her or fight with her. 

She is always smiling, always talking about something or the other. One day she told me that I am actually like the little kids who she lives with. That day I found out about her past and how orphanage has become her home. I kept wondering from that day that how can this girl be this happy when she herself faced a storm.

Me: Ahh !! Kalki do we have to do this ? I am in pain and I am exhausted can we please take a break or else I will cry with pain

She gave a chuckle 

Kalki: You know you are just like the little kids I see everyday in my orphanage, they know its good to eat something or to do something and yet they throw tantrums or sulk. Come on Khavin, you are improving all I am saying is a bit more efforts, ofcouse you could take a break after two minutes but for now do this naa?

Me: So you visit an orphanage daily?

Kalki: Khavin, I dont visit there, I stay there because I am an orphan too.

Me: Wait what  you are an Orphan? I mean sorry, I dint know

Kalki: Ofcourse you dint know, I never told you before

Me: So can I ask how? when? or would you get emotional?

Kalki: Its okay, Ill be fine. My parents died when I was a young adult in an accident, I was around 16. Before that I was a pampered brat, I used to live in a big house with pool, my parents treating me like a princess then the tragedy struck, I started living in the orphanage, I know it was maintained by the trust which my parents set up, I know the people there, I visited every weekend as a child and volunteered now I live there.

Me: So you are all alone since 16? wait so how old are you now?

Kalki: What do you think?

Me: Umm if I guess wrong you won't kill me right?

Kalki: I am not the killing types

Me: 23?

Kalki: Close, 26

Me: How are you this positive always?

Kalki: I am not happy everyday, I have my highs and lows but I try to stay positive. These little kids I live with give me a lot of hope. Thier smiles make my day and all the things they do make me smile. They give me hope for better tommorow.

Me: Really?

Kalki: Yeah, I know you might not believe me but Ill take you there someday. You will love them.

I dont know what swapped in me that day because at the end of the talk I found myself agreeing to go with her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Readers,

How are you?

How was the update?

Please vote and comment

Regards,

Indu