Chapter 18

Kalki POV

I was kissing Khavin with all the passion I had. Feelings took control of my body and when he pulled me close to his body I lost it but then I felt sweat creeping up my body and suddenly I felt cold what is happening ??

I woke up with a start and realized I was alone in my room, Khavin wasn't here but the feelings, the passion I felt for him seemed really real. Yes, I am a stupid woman who fell for her client. How foolish was I to have feelings for my patient who might not even feel the same for me? 

These dreams, the kiss I shared with him, or the fantasy of me kissing him scared me to the core. I could not look at him in the eyes, the little innocent touches we shared got me scared. That is the reason why I had decided I will keep some distance. I requested my attending to check the process while I took up new clients. How is it that a professional like me fell for a person on the job? 

I started working with clients while in the nights I wonder how was Khavin doing? Was he okay? Would he be missing me too? 

Silly girl why would he miss you, you were just his doctor for short term

In the day I treat my clients and in the evening I spend time with these kids. I love to see how innocent they are, how trusting they are, how they love you for what you are. 

One day I reached my orphanage after work and freshened up. I wore a blouse with the long skirt 

I sat on my bed and started reading some stories online when one of the kids in my orphanage came running to me

Saloni: Di, Sahir, and Amar were fighting. They were not stopping at all. Now Amar is hurt and the warden went out for some work. Please help Di !!

As soon as she said that I started running behind her to the place where Amar was injured with a first aid kit.

We turned into a dark corridor and she signed me to go into a room, she told me that she will go and see if the warden came back. I agreed and went into the room. The room was pretty dark and Amar was not there when I was about to leave the room I saw Khavin standing by the door.

What ??

Khavin is here and he is STANDING ?? 

Of course, he has a crutch beside him but the fact that he could balance himself made me spellbound.

He walked close to me with a smirk on his face. 

Khavin: I am standing here in front of you Kalki, I wanted to show you that your efforts worked. I can walk now, see? 

Oh he came to show his progress, calm down my dear heart 

I took a deep breath and calmed myself, I am really happy that my efforts worked and he got all well. 

Me: I am very happy for you Khavin

Khavin: Are you really happy to see me walking? Because as far as I know you quit treating me and left before you could see me walking. There are people who gave up on me when I got into trouble, you came and you gave me hope but I have to ask, what did I do wrong that you left even without a proper goodbye? Was I such a bad person? Why did you give up on me?