Chapter 5

Khavin POV

Megha

She came into my life as a forceful storm, she refreshed me in the beginning but it only ended in me drowning. What had happened to us?

I met Megha in common business parties, we hung out a couple of times as teenagers because our parents were acquaintances. Once I saw her all dressed up as a young adult and I know she was women I would like to ask out for a date. She was very self-confident and ambitious. She had an eye for fashion so she came to work with us in the textile industry. Once we both went to sign a deal after which we hit the bars, one thing led to another and we started dating. Everything was wonderful in the beginning she was very beautiful she had grey eyes, full luscious lips, excellent cheekbones, and a stunning figure. 

As she worked with me she wanted to keep it a secret she dint want her personal relationship to determine professional success. She was afraid that if people knew we both were dating, all her hard work would be washed away by the rumors going around determining her successes to be a product of our relationship. I respected her sure for her work but there was something amiss between her and my family. She was controlling, demanding, dominating and possessive. She dint like the fact that my brother used to take all the decisions of the company, she dint like the fact that he had that power. May be if people close to our friends circle dint know a truth about my brother then may be she would not have picked on him, she knew a secret about him, she knew that he was different from all of us due to which she feels like he did not deserve all the power, respect and credit we give my brother. Yes I work hard, give great ideas but in the end it is due to him that the company stood where it is. I joined later but until then he was the one who held the foundation together saving it from crumbling because of outside world.

When my dad died I was still in college, my brother took hold of the responsibilities and held our home together. My mom was from a village, so she could be a bit close minded when it comes to the people I roam around with. She did not like Megha because she was an ultra modern feminist. As she was from our friend circle and our employee she used to attend all the events and functions of our home. Whenever she used to come mom could not relate with her thought process which caused Megha to have a friction against her, she kept complaining and taunting on how mom was being unfair to her. She had a problem with people close to me, I used to get that there was a generation gap between my mom and her so I used to pacify Megha because I know that mom, though she couldn't relate with Megha she never really stopped me from talking to her or she never commented anything against her like other parents do when we roam around with people who they don't like. She never forced her opinion or complained about anything, she dint know that I was dating Megha because I was afraid I might hurt my mom because Megha never respected her and mom could disapprove our relationship.

One day her accusations grew strong she started accusing my brother, bad mouthing him when she did not have any proof to show me that he was misbehaving with her. My brother was shy, he was always in his cabin working or in a library. He never even raises his voice on the employees. Moreover he was married to the love of his life so I could not believe that he was at fault, neither she had the proofs nor she was ready to take back the spiteful curses she muttered at my brother. As I already know that she never really liked him I ended the relationship with her because it was getting toxic. She always had some or the other complaints against my mom or brother. My mom because she is old school and my brother because he was different.

I left for an important deal abroad and when I came back I got to know that a serial killer killed her. The shocking fact was that they blamed me as a serial killer just because I was seen at her apartment when we were dating. How could they ? Though she never liked my family I liked her. Though she threw blind accusations I still liked her but the fact that I no longer wanted be her puppet made me break up with her.

Was I really at fault breaking up with her wanting my peace and calm ?

Was I wrong breaking up with her when I wanted her to stop messing with my family ?

Thank god I had my brother with me during this tough times. He really cares for me and he even took a promise from me that I will try to be better. I will try even if it means I have to tolerate this annoying Kalki.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Readers,

How was the chapter ?

Please vote and comment 

Happy Reading,

Regards,

Indu