Chapter 38

Kalki POV

Me and Khavin we both were sitting in front of each other. He wants to know everything and I will be honest with him.

Me: After my parents died, I started living with Rajveer and Aunty. They became my family. Me and Rajveer we both went to college together, I went to Med school in Dehradun, I did my internship and I was a resident at Dehradun City Hospital when I heard about Rajveer's first case as an investigative officer.  He was excited at first but he had to encounter a lot of challenges in his pursuit of truth. When his case came to a dead end, he visited me here, we both discussed the case and I was fascinated to know most of the details. After two years I was an Attending and when he got a notification saying that the same kind of crime happened where the victim was  was raped and murdered, the murder style, the scars on her body the semen trails everything was the same, but they still had to figure out who is he. Rajveer saw the similarities in these cases, the victims room is completely upside down, the murders happened in the same city, she was raped and murdered and there was a stabbing wound on her stomach and right near her chest. He tried to find a common point between both the cases because something must be common. In first case, the victim studied in a school, the second victim worked in a private company. They studied the background, friends and foes and one name seemed to be common, that was yours Khavin. You studied with one and you were in relationship with other. It was leaked outside to the press that the common link is you, and you could be a suspect, even before they had any evidence against you. When Megha was killed you were out of station, when Samaira was killed you were just 15, you were questioned because you guys were besties but that point of time the way she was killed, the forensic expert analyzed that it could only be carried out by a grown man.

Rajveer met you and questioned you, his head based on pressure announced that the evidences pointed towards you. In the court you were not charged and you were released, it was in the documents that the head who announced was transferred and he took back the statement. You were free. At that time Rajveer was very busy we hardly spoke, but once out of blue he gave me a hint that he found the killer. 

Khavin: Did he tell you that Bhai was the killer

Me: No, in one of his emails, he told me he had a lead but I don't know what. He told me he would let me know that when time comes because I was his secret keeper. Meanwhile he just died, my best friend died, I told them all that I know and I pursued them to bring my friend justice. The new head came to me and aunty and proposed an idea of sting operation. I was all in because I know some details, and I would do anything to bring my friend his justice. I trained with them and they got me the position in the hospital you were admitted, I spoke to your mom due to coincidence it was not planned, My name was suggested to your brother and I met you. Before we got married, I found an evidence , that video footage where we found that your brother was guilty.  Later after we were married we set up a women in his trail who works for us, he acted on his urge and kidnaped her, I followed them both and found the place where he abuses the victims, he actually tried to hurt me too when he found me there but I already called back up and he got arrested.

Khavin: So Rajveer spoke to you through emails? 

Me: Yes, as I said he sent me birthday cards and clues in them, I logged into my email and found his email where it said me to login to my old one. There he told me to look for an anonymous id in my spam, I found that email with a link which takes me to his one drive with security questions, I answered all because that quiz was about me and him. There I found a video, I had to log in on that application using my face id. 

Khavin started pacing around the room, I could see that he was confused and had lots of questions.

Khavin: So, you knew before the wedding that I am not the killer, then why did you get married to me ? You could have delayed it or .....

Me: Khavin, I had an option to not marry you anymore and arrest your brother but based on that evidence we cant put him behind bars as he will come out in few years, we need few leads where we have to know what he does and how he does it and the other truth is in this whole under cover operation, if there was any truth it was my feelings for you and how happy I felt with you. I fell in love and I married you. I slept with you because I wanted to, I kissed you because I felt like it. In all this the moments I spent with you was real for me. Cant you see it in my eyes Khavin ?

I looked at him and he looked conflicted

Would he take me back ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Readers,

How is the update today ? I hope you can understand the plot now.

If you were in Khavin's place would you accept Kalki's love ?

Imagine you are Kalki, tell me what made you fall in love with Khavin ?

Please vote and comment

Regards,

Indu