Chapter 19

Kalki POV

I looked at Khavin who still looked like he has seen a ghost. I went close to him this time and put my palm on his cheek.

Me: You see this, the reaction you are giving me right now, the shocked expression? This is the reason why I never told you how I felt. It was foolish of me to fall in love with you, it was stupid of me to fantasize about you or being part of your family. That is why I left so that I do not mess things up so that I do not raise my idiotic expectations.  

Look, I know you are angry that I left but here is the thing, I had this silly hope that if I don't say goodbye maybe I can see you again. I was afraid that if I would have said my goodbye then the prospect or hope of meeting you again would be gone. That's why I left, I am sorry that you were hurt because of that. I know I shared my stupid feelings with you, ignore all that, forget I said anything.

Believe it or not, Khavin I am very happy for you. I am glad your hard work, your dedication, and your determination worked out. I know your family would be celebrating your success, I am proud of you. Now that you had this success I wish that you get all the happiness, respect, and achievements that you deserve. Go get your life back Khavin, you can do it. Good luck with everything.

I stood on my toes and kissed him on the cheek. My eyes pooled with tears when I did that. I felt like this was our goodbye. I stepped away and immediately turned my back to him because I could not control my tears. I didn't want him to see my tears and feel guilty. I wiped my tears away and turned to face him again, I gave him his crutch which was lying on the floor and I walked away from there  by ordering the kids to open the door, though reluctant at first they opened the door because they do what I tell them to. 

Khavin POV

She loves me ??

She freaking loves me? 

When did that happen ??

How did that happen ??

I was shocked and surprised both at the same time. Surprised because the girl I was insanely attracted to, the girl I have come to like, is in love with me. Shocked because she fell for me, a guy who was named as a murderer, a guy who had tried to end his life, a guy who was a failure. By the time I processed everything she stood on her toes and kissed me on my cheek. Her kiss made my cheek tingle, her kiss got butterflies in my stomach. By the time I was forming a sentence she walked away from me and the saddest part was that I didn't have anything to say to her.

Why ??

Because I am a failure, Maybe I was proven innocent for the crime I never committed but society will see me as a failure. Society will see me as a murderer, and she would be known as a murderer's wife which is unfair to her. I am broken into bits and pieces if I let her into my world she would be punished and taunted. She would be picking up my broken pieces and in the end, she would hate me.

No, I am not good for her

I can't play with her life 

I went home and everyone was in the drawing-room. Mom was having her tea with my Bhai and Bhabhi. This is the first time in ages that they all looked so stress-free. They looked happy, and Kalki was behind this joy but look at me, I can't even give her what she wants. The thought bought tears to my eyes and my family saw that. 

Though hesitant at first I shared my sadness with them, by the end of our conversation they were surprised that me and Kalki we both like each other but we both are not together because I am not over my insecurities and trust issues. My family tried to put some sense into me and I told them the reasons why I can't have her in my life. Mom yelled at me for breaking the heart of Kalki, while my brother gave me his intimidating stare.

He pulled me with him to my room

Bhai: Chotey what is wrong with you? You are back on your own two feet, you were cleared of your murder charges then why the heck are you still calling yourself a murderer? Are you mad or insane? Fact is even when you were behind the bars, there were women who were murdered the same way she was. So, why are you feeling guilty?? The minute those murders happened you were proven innocent. So stop with your nonsense. I know you feel sad that she was murdered and you could not save her but you guys have broken up. What happened to her after you was sad and tragic but it isn't your fault got it. 

If I see you blaming yourself next time I will slap you hard to get some sense into you. You call yourself a failure, when have you ever tried to be a success? After all the struggle did you try again to be a success? You had two concerns right, that she would be called a murderer's wife but when you yourself are innocent then why would she be called that idiot? and the concern about her marrying a failure, yes you are a failure right now because you never tried to come out of the problems, you submerged yourself in self-hate and pity. So, wake up, get your head out of your ass, work hard, and prove yourself to people, dimwit.

His speech got a smile on my face. He spoke exactly like how Kalki spoke to me

Me: You remind me of Kalki 

Bhai: Do I look like Kalki to you? Have you gone blind too?

Me: No Bhai, you spoke like how Kalki used to speak. Bhai, I am a Dimwit and an idiot, but I promise I will work hard and prove myself.

Bhai: That's like my brother, now prove yourself and get your girl alright?

Me: Thank you Bhai 

Bhai: Welcome, Chotey

Kalki, I ll prove myself to you. Wait and watch !!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Readers,

How did you find this chapter?

Please vote and comment

Regards,

Indu