Chapter 14

Khavin POV

I was looking at her all amazed. Kalki is a very smart woman, she had a solution to every big and small problem. As I was hesitant to share my progress with my family until I am sure it would help me stand on my feet and walk again, we both started brainstorming for ideas so that we could work out/do the therapy in a space where no one would be suspicious about what we were up to. I did not want to give any false hope to my family until I am very sure of the results.

When we were discussing what we can do, Kalki suddenly gave a mischievous smile 

Kalki: Khavin I have an idea

Me: What is it?

Kalki: It's a surprise, I will handle everything. All you have to do is sit and relax for today.

We reached my home and my family was in the drawing-room looking worried. 

Me: Maa, Bhaiyya what happened?

Bhaiyya: Chotey where did you both go? When we could not find you in the garden we got really worried. 

Oh shit!! I forgot that my family would ask questions when we were away for a few hours today. Before I could think of an excuse I already heard Kalki lying for me.

Kalki: Mam, sir, Khavin was feeling suffocated today. He told me that he felt bored and anxious after being at home for such a long time. So I thought I will take him out, so I had an idea to take him to a  park. I thought being in a new surrounding could cheer him up. So we went there, I am sorry we could not inform you about that before, its all my fault.  

Bhaiyaa: No Kalki, you don't have to be sorry. You did all this so that my brother feels good so don't worry. Although next time please let us know because when we started asking about you all the help said was that you both left with the driver in haste. That got us worried and we freaked out thinking something happened to him.

Kalki: Okay sir, I will always keep that in mind, I am sorry for worrying you, Mam. 

Maa: Kalki, what is wrong with you? Why are you being formal? You could call me aunty and you can call him bhaiyya as Khavin does.  Aneesh, I am I not right?

Bhaiyya: Yes Maa, you are right. I was going to yell at her for the same thing. Kalki call me Bhaiyya or better Aneesh, not sir okay?

Kalki: Okay Bhaiyaa, I had one more thing to talk about

Bhaiyaa: What is it?

Kalki: Bhaiyaa as Khavin is feeling bored can I take him to the orphanage to visit the kids? They liked it when we visited last time and I think if Khavin is around them he would feel more happy and alive. So can I take him to the Orphanage for a few hours? The change would be good for his body, mind, and soul.

Bhaiyaa: It is a good idea but wouldn't it be exhausting for him considering his physical condition?

Kalki: As we have already seen some improvements in his physical status, I think it would be a good change for him. I would always be there with him and I will always have the driver with us too if we need him.

Bhaiyaa: Kalki, he has been in protective ......

Me: Bhaiyaa, I think Kalki's idea is really good. The last time I visited the children at the orphanage, I felt very happy. They look at me with so much respect and love. They never judge me or pity me. Even I am tired of staying in the room, I spent months spending my time in that room depressed but now I want to keep myself active and fun. I can't keep sitting here and you also wanted me to change for good right bhaiyya?

Bhaiyaa: Ofcourse chotey, it's just that I am worried about you

Me: Don't worry bhaiyaa, I will be okay, please agree

Bhaiyaa: Ofcourse Chotey, anything for you.

That evening after we walked into my room I thanked Kalki for her presence of mind in coming up with an excuse for being away from home for a few hours. She smiled it off and thanked me for supporting her with the Orphanage idea even though she never ran the idea through me. 

Me: Kalki, you don't have to thank me, I trust you and I think whatever you do it would always be for my own good.

Kalki: So you were okay with the Orphanage idea?

Me: Yes Kalki, I actually liked the idea. When I visited there for my birthday it was fun. Now going there for an hour could be a good change in my schedule. I think it will be fun talking to them, playing with them and of course listening to them...

Kalki: I am sorry to break your bubble but you're going there for something else, I mean of course you could see that kids but you would be doing a lot more.

Me: What is it?

Kalki: I am surprised that you dint get the hint, we are going there for your therapy session and workout suiting your current plan

Me: Oh 

Kalki: Yeah, you wanted to do the therapy in secret so what better place than an orphanage? We will go there at a time when the kids are busy with other activities, there will still be kids around but we could spend time with them after your therapy. I will talk to the warden and make the necessary arrangements. We can start an hour late so that you could rest an extra hour and later we can go to the orphanage, do the exercises for about one hour. On some other days, we could do the therapy for 45 mins after which we could have lunch with them that way you can also spend some time with the kids too. What do you think?

Me: Let's do it then !!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Readers,

How was the update?

Do you like it?

I know it could be boring for some but I want to show each and every aspect of how Kalki's and Khavin's relationship progressed. I want to show Khavin's progress too because when someone is going through something it takes time to heal and I want to write all the aspects of that.

Please vote and comment

Regards,

Indu