Chapter 28

A special mention to @RoxxyDe for your consistent support for this story. Your votes and comments keep me going !!

Kalki POV

The night sky was glittering with stars and the breeze was cool to calm my nerves. I was going to be a daughter-in-law, a wife and I am going to be part of a family. The resort which we booked boosts itself because it has a small lake in the middle of its property. It's such a breathtaking view because just imagine a lake on the right side and sweet-smelling flowers on the lift side of you when you are walking to the mandap. The mandap was situated right beside a huge tree and the bark was beautifully decorated with fairy lights, at night it looked like shooting stars. Near the Mandap, on each side, there were few rows arranged on either side of the stage. Everyone, we were close to, everyone who meant a lot to both sides of us was sitting over there with big smiles on their faces. When I walked to the mandap everyone stood up.  The children from the orphanage ran up to me and started walking with me to the mandap complimenting my bridal attire, I guess they were very excited about my wedding. When I was about to reach Khavin, he smiled his charming smile and walked up to me, and gave me his hand so that I could hold it and climb up the stairs.

Just when I was about to give my hand, Dhruv the tallest and the most mischievous teenager of the lot pulled my hand away and stepped before me. He put his hands on either side of his waist and gave Khavin an intimidating stare. 

Dhruv: Bhaiyya before we marry you to my sister I need a promise otherwise I won't allow her to get married to you.

I could clearly see the amused look on Khavin's face and the smile of his family over Dhruv's antics.  Khavin, looked into my eyes, and I made an apologetic yet helpless face and I saw Khavin bending to the teenager's level.

Khavin: So you really think you can stop our marriage?

Dhruv: I can stop Kalki, she will listen to me. I am her favorite. 

Dhruv gave a proud smile and Khavin gave a confident smirk himself

Khavin: Dhruv are you forgetting that your sister loves me?

Dhruv looked a bit unsure of what he was doing anymore with Khavin's confident smirk but other kids nudged him to continue unfazed by the situation, so Dhruv held his posture

Dhruv: She loves us more, we are her family

Looking at the scene even Khavin couldn't stop himself from smiling 

Khavin: Okay Dhruv, tell me what promise do you want?

Dhruv: Not only me but all the kids want the promise. I want you to promise that you will always take care of Kalki, you will always keep her happy and you will never let her get lonely. No matter how angry you are, you would still never leave her side and support her in her decisions. You would always love her and you will let her meet us whenever she likes, you have to understand we can never be apart. We will miss her and she will too.

At the end of the sentence, I can see that Dhruv was stopping himself from tearing up.

Khavin sat down on his knees and wiped the tears of Dhruv

Khavin: Dhruv I promise you all the things you have asked me for and you know what, you could always meet her whenever you want. We will plan and come every weekend to meet you. We will be there so many times that you would be tired of seeing our faces. 

The last part got Dhruv to smile and he announced

Dhruv: Now I can allow you to get married to her

He turned to me and said, Kalki you have my approval now, I played along and said

Me: Yes sir, as you say

This got everyone to smile, the children ran away from the dias and I was in front of Khavin, I took his outstretched hand and he gave me a smile. He walked backward pulling me with him and the warden helped me sit by him and adjust my lehenga. 

Before I knew it, the rituals were almost over and he has finally applied Sindhoor to my forehead and I had a mangalsutra in my neck.  I didn't really remember the order, it didn't matter. The pheras, the many rituals, the long day, the heavy bridal wear nothing mattered. All it mattered was I was his and he was mine.

Precap: Khavin was slowly walking towards me and I started walking backward, his eyes held a lot of emotions, I felt a wall behind me and his arms around me. He said, now where will you go Kalki ?? His low voice got goosebumps on my body. I couldn't look into his intense eyes, he pulled me to him with a little bit of force , pulling me by my waist and I fell on his chest. He caressed both sides of my face with his closed knuckles while saying, how did I get so lucky Kalki? You are so beautiful !! Now when I think about it if you weren't there I would be dead.... before he finished his sentence, I put my palm on his mouth, we are just married and you are already thinking of death? Am I that bad? I made sad eyes and removed my hand, and he pulled my face up. Kalki, remember this okay? you are the sole reason for my happiness, if you weren't there I wouldn't be like this, we have a long happy life Kalki, all the hurt, all the sadness is done. I asked him if he meant it and he put his hand on his head and promised, I couldn't stop myself anymore, I gave him a smile and hugged him close to me .....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Readers,

How was the update today?

I know it's not much but I will try to write more 

How was the precap?

It is just a small idea and I would be developing over it soon, maybe I will make some changes soon

Anyone has any romantic ideas, do inbox me

Regards,

Indu

Chapter dedicated to @RoxxyDe