Chapter 21

Khavin POV

After I ended the call with Kalki I was filled with new determination. I wanted to succeed. I remember what she said during our long conversations at lunch. She said "It doesn't matter what you were, people would forget what you did, whether it is good or bad, everything will get wiped away. They would forget your good and bad deeds because they are busy in their own world. The only people to which your actions matter is your family, so as long as they trust you, you don't have to give a damn about what people say or do. So quit worrying about what people assume from all the half baked information, look at the bigger picture. You don't have to prove anything to them, so you can stop worrying and start ruling the world with your work and charm". After she said that I was speechless so, I diverted the topic by teasing her about her lectures saying "I bet you could earn a lot by sharing your thoughts and philosophies to people, more than what you do right now", and with a cute giggle she said, "Maybe I will do that but only to those who would listen to my advice and not taunt me on it". That day we ended up laughing out loud on our carefree banter.

That day I heard that speech, but I never thought about it too much. Since the time I decided to prove myself again, I got remembered about that day and I found motivation. I got up from my seat, took a deep breath, and continued to walk to the board room.  Everyone was there and in the beginning, they started speaking in hushed whispers and I stood there taking in the scene. My brother was about to step in when I started speaking.

Me: I know you all might be thinking what is this semi handicapped guy who faced some charges in the past doing here?  You might be thinking that I am not right for this role, you are not comfortable imagining me to be an important face of this company. I get that, I really do. You see I was a Businessman too, I used to make sure all my investments were in the right place, so I know why you might be feeling insecure. Let me tell you one thing if your thinking that putting me back on board would affect the stocks then don't be, yes I was part of the questioning because a woman who I once dated was murdered, but if I was really guilty then there would have been evidence to prove me guilty, there is none. Yes, I am extremely sad about what happened to her, but if you are accusing me because I was involved with her for a while, then you are wrong. I know I didn't do anything wrong, my family knows I am not guilty and for other people, I don't have to prove anything because the truth was out ages ago and you all knew it. When I was being falsely accused of the murder, an incident like this happened somewhere else so it proves that I was not the one. 

Coming back to the brand image, there are lots of well-known celebrities who were part of a rumor or controversies but they are still doing well. So, with the right marketing, I believe we could go back to the same level we were.  

Board Members: Mr. Khavin, we have seen the case files you have shared, so we know that you are not at fault, but what about your productivity? 

Khavin: What about my productivity? Please be open with me Mr. Sahay

Board Member: Khavin, we know you and we had that trust because we have seen you grow, but when all this happened you broke down, you were sick and your suicide ......

Khavin: I had a very vulnerable moment, I agree I was a coward, I was upset because of all the accusations and I reacted very foolishly. If you have a problem with me being a brand image because of my vulnerabilities my Brother, would be the public image, I will work behind the scenes for this company, then it won't be a problem right?

Anish: Khavin, what are you saying...

Me: Bhai, I know though I had some problems I gave in to the stress, I was a coward who let my emotions get the best of me. It was my fault, so I will repent. I will be in this company as a normal employee. I have some plans and strategies for the company so I will work on that. I will prove myself and then we can talk.

Board Member/Investor: I heard everything you said, if you are able to prove yourself then we wouldn't have any complaints. From today, you are appointed as an Assistant Manager, we will see how you would prove yourself, good luck young man.

Everyone wished me luck and I came out of that room. I took my stuff from my cabin and placed it on the desk outside. As soon as I sat there I took a breath of relief. Today, I have passed one exam, now I have more tests to give but I am ready. 

I will not let my family down anymore

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Readers,

How was the new confident Khavin ?

Did you like him like this?

Do you think he would win?

Please vote and comment

Regards,

Indu