Chapter 15

Kalki POV

Life is good when we feel like we have made progress in our life that is what is happening with us. Khavin and I have been extremely busy working on his progress so that we don't have to do the therapy in secret anymore. 

We visit the orphanage every day and do the crucial exercises/ therapy to progress his muscle flexibility and mobility. When we get done with the important therapy we go back to his home to do the rest of the therapy which is under his regular schedule.

It has been 8 months since I have started his therapy now. It is going to be his mom's birthday soon and we have a big surprise planned for her. Khavin seems very excited about her birthday.

On the day of her birthday, I put on a saree from my personal collection and left for Khavin's place to help him with his surprise idea. I went inside the room and I was surprised to see him all ready. He was wearing a suit and was sitting on a couch reading a book. I admired him because he did look very handsome before he caught me looking at him and gave a heart-melting smile.

 I admired him because he did look very handsome before he caught me looking at him and gave a heart-melting smile

Khavin POV

I got ready in my suit today all excited. This is the first time in years that I felt hopeful and excited about something. My staff helped me dress up and I got ready by spraying some perfume on me as well as combing my hair. After I got ready, they helped me on to the couch like they always do and left to make last-minute preparations for the party. 

For the last year my family stopped celebrating anything, my birthday was the first thing my family celebrated and after that, I convinced my brother to arrange an intimate only family party for my mom. It will just be our family and of course Kalki. Speaking of Kalki, my family loves her as I have already noticed but now she became like one of the members of the family. My mom cooks Kalki's favorite dishes every now and then which she got to know from the daily chats she has with Kalki.  My brother takes her opinions whenever it is about me because he feels that I am Kalki's responsibility now which is weird in a good way. My sister in law and her go on shopping trips on weekends. Maybe it has to be with the fact that they know Kalki is all alone in this world and they want to take care of her because of the way she takes care of me or the way she had made me calm and peaceful.

I started reading a book and I felt someone's eyes on mine. I looked up and I saw Kalki in front of me. How can she look so simple yet gorgeous?

Kalki is a beautiful woman

I recovered from the spell she had put me in and smiled at her

Me: Hi, Kalki. You are here

Kalki: I am here,  you look ... 

Me: What? What is with that look? Do I look bad? Should I change this suit?

Kalki: No, you look the opposite of bad which is good. You look good

She had a smile which got me to smile too

Me: Thank you Kalki, you look good too 

You look beautiful Kalki

I wanted to say but I ended up giving her a moderate compliment, it sounded too formal and cold. You look good doesn't do justice to her beauty. I wanted to say beautiful, gorgeous, hot, amazing but I underplayed because I didn't know how she would take it.

Kalki: Thank you Khavin, did you take your medicines?

Me: God, how can I concentrate on what she is saying when all I want to do is kiss her

You are such a creep dude my mind said

I composed myself and replied

Me: Yes, Kalki I think we can go out now could you help me get into the chair?

Kalki: Sure

We both exchanged a secret smile and left to the garden where the birthday party would be beginning. My family was already there and our close family friends were also there. Kalki walked beside me while I was riding in my wheelchair. I was nervous people would give me sympathetic looks but that never happened. Apparently, the guest list was limited, it had our family, my sister-in-law's family, our staff who works at my home, and the children from Orphanage. As soon as they saw me, they came all excited and started chatting with me. One of the children had a weird request for me, he found my wheelchair to be fun and wanted a ride on it sitting on my lap. Kalki looked at me all worried, thinking if I would get annoyed but I  surprised her when I started giving wheelchair rides to the kids. Maybe this was the only time when I felt happy riding this wheelchair. The wind flowing and the kid's laughter made me happy.

When I got done I saw my family looking at me with a proud smile and Kalki had a foreign expression on her face but it looked cute. My brother came to me

Bhaiyya: Chotey, I feel happy looking at you like this, lite, free, happy, and having fun. For a minute I think I saw a glance of the old Khavin, I am proud of you Chotey. 

I smiled at my brother and he left after talking with me. My eyes were searching for Kalki and I found her talking and smiling with my sister in law. Then a gentle breeze blew her saree a bit revealing her belly and her milky skin. 

Damn Khavin stop being a pervert

Her eyes met mine after a second and she smiled with her eyes which blew my mind. How can a person be so cute and hot at the same time?

The birthday celebrations begin and it was time for mine and Kalki's surprise. Kalki announced everyone to assemble for our surprise. My family was in front of me looking at us with anticipation. The lights dimmed, flashing a spotlight on me and my wheelchair. 

Kalki came up to me and helped me stand on my feet and for a while, I could see my family shocked, then I started taking baby steps to my mom who was just a few steps away from me, I held Kalki carefully, though I was confident because we practiced a lot I was nervous too. By this time the staff got a walker that Kalki ordered for me, Kalki helped me hold that walker. I took it from her and I walked to my mom and I wished her for her birthday. I saw happy tears in her eyes.  My mom came around the walker and side hugged me, she put her palm on my cheeks and kissed my forehead, she thanked me for a wonderful birthday gift I gave her. My brother recovered from his surprise and gave me a tight side-hug patting me on the back.

Bhaiyya: Chotey, you don't know how happy I am. I am so proud today Chotey. 

He hugged me again and pulled away, my sister in law smiled and congratulated me for this progress and they all were curious to know how this miracle happened. By then I told them that I could only stand on my feet for a while and Kalki helped me back to my wheelchair. When I was telling them the whole story, I saw Kalki slip away from the party into the darkness.

What happened to her suddenly?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Readers,

How are all of you doing?

I know this update is delayed and I apologize for that

Please vote and comment

Regards,

Indu