Chapter 41

Khavin POV

Kalki lay beside me, hugging me close, ur legs tangled with each other, and a blanket covering our naked bodies. I was supposed to go and sleep at the hospital, but my aunt, (my mom's sister) called and said that she will spend the night at the hospital while I can relax because I have been working really hard this week. She got here when she heard about mom's stroke, when we had a conversation I told her about Kalki's pregnancy and how I was rebuilding the relationship with her, which is when she offered to stay with mom today, while I can spend my time with Kalki. After Rajeev's mom shared about Kalki's nightmares I want to be there for her so that when it happens, I'll be there to hold her close and pacify her. I am glad my aunt was mature and understanding, considering she never really got along with my brother, she feels like at least through Kalki he was no longer in our lives

Kalki snuggled closer to me and I just chuckled at the fact that she looked so cute. I put my palm on her belly and started caressing her stomach out of love for our baby. I showered some kisses too but then I saw that Kalki is waking up. I don't know why but I acted like I was sleeping because I love to see what she would do when I am asleep. She put her hand on my chest and showered some kisses there, she saw my arm on her stomach and put her hand on mine running her fingers in soft circles. Only I know how I stopped myself from reacting to it. 

Her phone started ringing which got her to pull away from me and I cursed whoever was calling her because I already miss her warmth. She leaned her back on the headboard, she saw the caller id and had a frown on her face. She picked up the call and heard the person on the other side.

Kalki: Look, you wanted him with evidence and I helped you with that. I hurt his family too in the pursuit of truth. You got the serial killer and he is sentenced to life-long imprisonment, justice is served now I don't want to come back to that again and I'm not putting my husband through that pain at all, we will not come. 

She was calm for a minute before she said 

Kalki: Look we got the evidence, we got him in Jail why are you even listening to him? He could easily be bluffing, okay fine Ill think about it, let me talk to Khavin and see.

She cut the phone and pressed her fingers on her forehead. I could not stop myself.

Me: Kalki what is going on?

Kalki: The CBI connected him to more murders that have been committed in the same way, but he refused some of the allegations saying he is not done it but he knows who did it. He is talking with the help of a lawyer, he said if we let him talk to you he will give us names. So those CBI want you there so that they could get them.

Me: Do you think there is truth in it?

Kalki: I don't know, he could be bluffing, but I'm afraid if you go it might make you sad and angry. Maybe it's just a bait to get out of prison, I don't know, would you like to visit him, though I don't recommend it, you are the one who has to make the decision.

Me: I want to go, see I hate him but I need some answers from him, like why did he do this and all. Are you really okay with me meeting him? 

Kalki: You can but I don't want you to lose your cool or get upset, I'll come with you.

Me: Okay, thank you. I'll need you there. 

She smiled in response but before she could say another word I shut her down sealing her lips with a kiss. 

Me: Kalki can I ask you something?

After she nodded I asked her a question that was bothering me

Me: Kalki are you okay? You are pregnant and you have to take care of yourself.

Kalki: Khavin I am taking care, don't you think I'll take care of our baby?

Me: On that day when you were having your nap I had to go, While leaving I had a chat with Aunty, are you having nightmares Kalki? You don't have to feel upset that Aunty shared this with me, she was very concerned about you.

Kalki: You know for few nights when we split up I used to have nightmares that I lost you and I am never going to get you back, I was so scared that I lost my family which is why I had those nightmares I think, Aunty used to pacify me when I was crying, she used to hold me and put me back to sleep. So no I am not upset she shared this with you because I understand her concern, I just never shared this with you because I haven't had those after we decided to give it a chance. I am sorry that you felt like I am not telling you stuff, it was just my insecurities coming out in form of those nightmares.  First I was afraid, that I was going mad but the gynecologist said that as part of pregnancies we get those so I took it lightly afterward because I have you now.

Me: You must have been so scared to have those

She nodded her head and I saw tears in her eyes

Kalki: I thought I lost you, I thought you would never forgive me, I thought you would hate me forever. That day, you were so angry that you questioned my character, I could not take it. I ......

She was breaking down, her chest heaving up and down, I held her tenderly and pulled her on my chest while I was sleeping on my back. She kept sobbing but I wanted her to get rid of all her sad tears because it is time she is happy. I ran soothing circles on her shoulder blades and after a while, I didn't hear any hiccups or sobs which means she slept.

I had one question in my mind, I hated myself for hurting her for my egoistical satisfaction and I feel like I should just punish myself for that. I don't understand how do guys do it? How do guys hurt their women deliberately, women who love you, a woman who literally hands you her everything, a woman who fills your home with smiles and laughter, a woman who grows another human being in her and she doesn't even have the right to name her baby? I hurt her once I feel like I should be hanged, then what about all those who take pleasure in it? Why can't some men respect/love a woman as they deserve?

With these thoughts I fell asleep, holding Kalki tenderly to my chest, while she nestled her head in my chest like a kitten. I promise today that I will never hurt her in any way and I will always respect her and stand by her.

I promise you Kalki

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys,

How was the chapter?

Please vote and comment 

Do you know any man who treats a woman with respect, worth, and love?

How do you know if a man respects you and values you or is he just acting to fulfill his expectations?

Do you think women get the love, passion, joy, freedom, and respect they deserve?

Regards,

Indu