Chapter 11

Kalki POV

I reached home after my work today that is when I got a call from the temple priest who was also our family wellwisher. He asked me if I will be coming to the temple tomorrow for a prayer which is organized in the name of my parents for their death anniversary. 

That is when it struck me that tomorrow is the day when I lost my parents a few years back. Since the time they are gone, I organize a prayer meet every year in their name for their peace. I also donate some food after my prayer meeting every year.

I collapsed on my bed thinking about how cruel life is, a few years back I used to come to the same orphanage on my birthday and donate different things now here I am living in this same orphanage but this time I am myself an orphan.

Thank god that my parents were rich and smart in accordance to the future planning. As they had a love marraige against the wishes of their families they know the hardships and problems one might face. That is the reason why they planned everything in details. They worked hard in their respective jobs, then they started their own event management company. They earned and grew financially. They invested in right ventures like properties, research projects, land etc. They saved wisely while simultaneously providing me with the best childhood possible. They started saving for my future by establishing a trust fund in my name which helped me to pay back the education loans. They even inculcalated responsibility and kindness in me by making me volunteer in social welfare projects, they always said that every good deed, every blessing counts. They always believed giving back to the society because god has been kind enough to bless them with all the things they need, that is the reason why they established a trust which runs this orphanage. 

My parents paired up with other well to do families to establish the trust which runs this orphanage and now I am living in the same orphanage. That night I cried myself to sleep and yet sleep was far off from me. I opened my suitcase and looked at all the pictures of my childhood, then I took out the old letters which my parents used to write to me every now and then. Some to wish me, some to appreciate me for my achievements in school and some to wish me on my birthday.

I read one of the greeting which my parents wrote to me when I graduated from 10th grade.

Our Dear Kalki,

Look at you Kalki you are a grown up now. You have completed your  10th grade successfully, we know what you must be thinking, you graduated from 10th grade with flying colors and we celebrated that really well then why are we giving you this letter?

Kalki, life has its own ups and downs. Today was a very special and important day for you, yes we celebrated well by cutting a cake and going out to eat but we wanted to write you this letter so that you have something to remember this day by. We know you think that costly gifts could  make you happy than this letter. You might think that costly gifts could also remind you of this day but when the gifts are no longer new, the gifts lose their worth with time but these words, this letter will always remind you of this day, our words in this letter will always motivate and inspire you. This letter can always be stored and cherished yet it never looses its essence. Any day you feel down our letter will provide you with courage. Any day you feel sad our letter could cheer you up. 

Kalki, we were this lucky couple to bless you with every thing you need and want, we gave you education and we could take care of you but remember Kalki, life has its ups and downs and when that happens, our blessings, your education, your career and your values are the things which will always be there with you. So, Kalki work hard and never give up. Help others but be selfish, be kind but also be assertive, politely ask for help but also be independent and when you feel like you are going nowhere, think about us and we will be there to support you

With lots of love and blessings,

Your cool parents.

I read and reread that letter until I slept off, I held that letter close to me when I attended the prayers at the temple, I donated some food at the temple and left to work. I thought I could survive the day but I felt low.

When I reached Khavin's mansion I saw Khavin waiting for me, I made him do his excercises, while I was searching for my cellphone in my bag the letter caught my attention. Khavin asked me to join him for lunch which I normally do but today I did not feel like it. I went near the pond and started reading the letter again. Slowly the tears started forming in my eyes and in a while I was sobbing for my parents. I felt someone calling out my name and when I saw Khavin sitting beside  me looking at me with concern, I broke down in his arms and told him about my parents.

The comforting thing was that he held me for a while longer without asking any questions and I appreciated it a lot.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Readers,

How was the update today ?

Please do vote and comment

Regards,

Indu