Chapter 8

Kalki POV

khavin

He is really different 

He was arrogant, grumpy and rude in the beginning but now when I have come to know him he is different. Even he could be tolerable, even he could be nice.

Since the time I forced him to follow a schedule for betterment of his health condition I have seen some improvements in him. Though he started doing it because of his family I think the happiness of his family over his improvements is clearly evident on their faces which has made him try harder. I know I have seen a small smile form on his face when he saw his mom and his brother smiling with happy tears over his progress. From that day he obeys all my instructions he stopped mocking me, he is calm and sometimes we have small conversations. I still remember the way his face shown some emotions the moment I shared my past with him. Normally we only have a formal relationship but that day I could see him reacting emotionally once I told him about my parents accident.

Since that day he is more nicer towards me and follows his schedule without any complaints. Today we were both outside in fresh air in his garden. Him on his wheelchair riding and me walking beside him.

Me: Khavin

Khavin: Hmm

Me: Other than reading books what else do you like doing ?

Khavin: Kalki, it doesnt matter what I like anymore

Me: Khavin, why are you saying that?

Khavin: Look at me Kalki, I cant walk and all those things I want to do is not possible with my condition so its better not to like something or hope for something because it will only hurt us more.

I was quiet for a while I know what he means by all this, he was a very active person in the past, he was vibrant, charming and happy before. Recently Khavin's mom had showed me some of his old videos, he used to run around pranking his family, he used to play sports, he used to race his brother during swimming, he used to dance like there is no tommorow. That Khavin had a life, this Khavin was only breathing. 

I wish from my treatment plan I could give back the old Khavin to his family

Khavin was riding his wheel chair towards a small pond in the garden where there were little ducks in them with lotuses floating on the surface. Even I walked till him and looked at him, there was a pleasant wind around us and Khavin closed his eyes to enjoy this little moment, the wind, the pace of the pond, the ducks quacking, the sweet smell of the flowers all these put a small smile on his face. Whenever I see him smile my heart skips a beat because he smiles from his heart, though it was a small smile I know it was a true one.The first time he really smiled I could notice his faint dimple and the twinkle in his eye, I know then that it was a true smile, now in this moment his peaceful face and his small smile tells me it was a true smile one again. He was smiling from his heart and I wish that one day he would laugh his heart out. I wish that one day he could regain his mobility and have a normal life.

That day I promised myself that I would do everything in my power to make his family happy by restoring his movement.

I know with the physiotherapy, counselling sessions and massages would bring some improvements but for all this to work I know that him being happy and at peace would help his condition, so may be I have some ideas to make him happy and at peace.

I wish it works

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Readers,

Short chapter I know

I promise next update would be long

Please vote and comment

Regards,

Indu