Chapter 37

Khavin POV

I said good bye to my mom and headed to my workplace but I could not concentrate. It seems like my life is a thriller and I want to unravel all the secrets. I finished all the important meetings and headed out to meet Kalki so that she could answer my questions.

As bhai was no longer there I was made the head and I have lots of responsibilities. First, when my brother got arrested I thought that my company would also bare the effect, a negative effect but, an article was produced where it was written that we helped her in gathering the evidences once we got to know that Anish Bhai was the murderer. Since then we got good press because we helped put a psycho killer behind a jail and helped his victim families come to justice. 

I know it was the work of Kalki otherwise which undercover cop helps us in keeping the company's reputation intact ? In fact we were more popular in market now because of that article and press conference she did. 

In that press conference, she was asked that why did she had to get married to me when we were already helping her in her investigation. She said "When I went there I dint know whom to trust and we are taught not to so I dint disclose anything. Then we had a strong lead with us after which I approached Khavin and explained. He was way mad but after a while he had agreed to help me because he still felt that his brother is innocent and by the sting operation we were planning he could prove it to us and we got married. Now, after that operation we had a concrete evidence and Mr. Anish was arrested with the help of his family.

Then the press asked about how did I feel when I was proved wrong and she answered that too "When we did the sting operation he had to be away for the deal, but that actually helped us because Mr. Anish could act freely as there is no one to watch, his wife and kids were at their grand parents home, his mom was always into charitable causes so she was away, Khavin was out of station, so that helped because he did act carelessly and we caught him, After Khavin was told that he was arrested in the end because we had evidence he was angry on himself and his brother, himself because in a way he helped put his own brother in jail, next he was upset because his brother did such harm to the victims". 

Then the press asked about her injuries during the sting operation she just said "It happens when we are dealing with serious crimes". After which she got up and left. I was surprised on how she gave the whole credit to me and how I helped her when I actually said all the bitter words to her.

I went to the address where Kalki was staying right now and knocked on the door. A very sweet looking lady opened. I introduced myself, she nodded at me with a smile and left to her room after calling Kalki. Kalki took me to her room, the décor was same like my bedroom, did she decorate it the same way ? She had 2 single seater couch with a coffee table in between, she asked me to be seated. This room smelled like Kalki and the wall behind the bed had some pictures of Kalki with the lady I saw downstairs, there was also some pictures with a guy, he was good-looking, then there was also a picture of Kalki with a man and women. Kalki saw me looking at the pictures and she explained.  That's aunty , that's Rajeev, Auntie's son and those are my parents. 

She left the room for a while when I saw a photo frame on side table. It was actually face down on the table and I pulled it up to see what it was and found our picture. Does she care about our marriage? 

Kalki came in and I saw she was wearing a cotton churidar and she had a glass of water in her hand. I drank that water and we sat down, god it was so awkward.

Me: What is your name? I heard in undercover operations you operate under fake names

Her: Its Kalki itself, I dint want to change it because again we have to create a lot of fake id's and articles. I am a Physio therapist in real, but if I got a fake name then I had to do all the certificates and stuff under that name, that would be a head ache, so I operated under my real name

Me: What about your parents ? Are they really ...

Kalki: Dead ? Yes they are, its the same thing I told you in the past, they passed away but the thing is Aunty is our family friend, my mom's bestie and my dad's business partner, so she took me in. I stayed with aunty and Rajeev. He was my best friend, I never lived in orphanage but I used to visit to look after the operations, my family started it so, I used to go, that's why the kids are attached to me. 

Me: Why did you lie in the press conference, I was never cooperative, I was actually a jerk to you

Kalki: Why should a company built with so much hard work bare the brunt ? It is not your fault or your company's or its employees, so I took that decision. Why should you all suffer when it is his fault?

Me: Kalki I want to know everything, tell me your story, the true story, no lies okay ?

Kalki: Okay I will tell you

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,

Its a cliff hanger

Stay tuned to know more

How was the update?

Don't you like it that there is no drama in this story, no vamps, no stupid misunderstandings etc. I just want to make this story drama free, but I want to make it interesting. So all this twists and turns.

Aren't Khavin and Kalki acting very mature ?

Khavin has shown a lot of character growth isn't it ? 

Please vote and comment

Regards,

Indu