Chapter 29

Kalki POV

I love Khavin, every small moment with him fills me with lots of happiness, but guess what I feel that as enthusiastic I was for the wedding, I realized weddings can be long, time taking and exhausting. The heavy dress, the make up, the jewelry everything weighs down upon you, seriously you don't believe me ? Imagine a stack of heavy books on your head and your walking with them, torture isn't it? 

You know one thing ? I love food, I am a very hungry person but because of my blessed metabolism I stay in shape, but today I couldn't eat like I usually do, all the people around us were eating, but I couldn't , why ? Because I am nervous thinking, how would my marriage life be? Will I be a good wife ? Etc.

I felt someone calling out my name and I realized it was my dear husband. I dont know what is it about rituals, as soon as you do them you feel like you belong to your husband, like he is yours forever and you are his. You feel complete, like never before. The Sindhoor, the Mangal sutra, the bangles, everything makes you feel complete. I stared at him dreamily, thinking how did I become so lucky ?

Khavin: I know I am handsome Kalki, but focus on your food woman, I am feeling shy

His comment bought me back to reality

Me: I wasn't staring at you at all, I was just thinking about stuff

He gave me an intense toe curling glare

Khavin: Stuff like what ?

Me: Stuff like my patients

Khavin: Patients ?

Me: Yeah, I was just recollecting if I gave them the email that I was on leave

Khavin: Seriously Kalki, your handsome, good looking husband is sitting beside you and all you could think about is your patients ? Shouldn't you be looking at me

Me: I wanted to but I realized you would be shy with the attention 

I gave him a winning smirk and pulled my tongue out to tease him. He gave me a dangerous glare while whispering "Baby tease me as much as you want but tonight, Ill take my revenge", and I gave him a scared look with my big brown eyes, he casually kissed my cheek and started having his food like nothing happened. I looked around and saw people busy with their own things and I calmed myself. 

After we said our goodbyes to the kids and staff of orphanage, we started our journey towards his home while the kids are going to stay the night at the resort itself because they are exhausted. Though I controlled myself during the goodbyes, as soon as I sat in my car I started missing them. I don't know when a single tear escaped from my left eye.  Khavin made me look at him and wiped my tear off.

Khavin: You know you could visit them anytime right? I promised the kids Ill keep you happy but your already crying, that kids will eat me alive if they get to know about this.

I gave him a tired smile

Me: I already miss them

Khavin: I know

He caressed my cheek with his finger pads and kissed me on my forehead. As soon as he did that I hugged him, putting my hands around his torso and laid my head on his shoulder. He snaked his arm around me and started caressing my face which relaxed me.

Me: I am so tired Khavin

Khavin: I know sweetheart, sleep. Ill wake you up once we reach. It is a long journey. 

Me: Okay

I gave out a big yawn and Khavin giggled

I gave him a sheepish smile and relaxed more into his arms. He kissed me on my cheek and I heard him say

Khavin: I love you Jaan 

I kissed him this time on his neck and slipped into a nap

I was awakened by Khavin telling me that we reached. I was still in daze but could complete all the rituals. According to the rituals for today we would be sleeping separately and tomorrow would be our first night. I was going to sleep in a guest room tonight, my luggage has arrived so while I was busy taking out my nightwear before I had a shower, I felt Khavin hugging me from behind.

Me: Khavin, what are you doing here, you aren't supposed to be here. What if someone sees you ?

Khavin: I took Bhaiyya's help, he is diverting mom and bhabhi so we have no interruptions.

Me: No interruptions means ? What is going on in your mind Khavin ?

Khavin was slowly walking towards me and I started walking backward, his eyes held a lot of emotions, I felt a wall behind me and his arms around me. He said, now where will you go Kalki ?? His low voice got goosebumps on my body. I couldn't look into his intense eyes, he walked towards me and with a little bit of force he pulled me by my waist and I fell on his chest. He caressed both sides of my face with his closed knuckles while saying, how did I get so lucky Kalki? You are so beautiful !! Now when I think about it if you weren't there I would be dead.... before he finished his sentence, I put my palm on his mouth, we are just married and you are already thinking of death? Am I that bad? I made sad eyes and removed my hand from his mouth, and he pulled my face up. Kalki, remember this okay? you are the sole reason for my happiness, all I was saying was I was living my life like I was already dead and if you weren't there I wouldn't be hopeful or happy. We have a long happy life Kalki, all the hurt, all the sadness is done. I asked him if he meant it and he put his hand on his head and promised, I couldn't stop myself anymore, I gave him a smile and hugged him close to me. 

He pulled away from me and pulled me to the dressing table. I gave him a questioning glance and he gestured me to sit on the chair by the dressing table. He removed the veil pinned on my head securely so that it would not come off during the wedding. Then he removed the torturing pins which helped in my hair style and I already felt light, he removed my hair from the bun and now I felt like my head lost a few pounds. Looking at my carefree smile, Khavin smiled too, he helped me remove my heavy jewelry gifted by his family and kept it on the table.  

Khavin: Now do you feel relieved?

Me: Very, all those are very heavy, but now my favorite jewelry is this, I said showing my Mangal sutra, I want to keep wearing it always, but I am going to shower so Ill wear it as soon as I come out. Thank you Khavin.

Khavin: Thank you for ?

Me: For helping me with those pins and jewelry. Oh, I forgot thank you for giving me a family, thank you for giving me a very handsome and understanding husband. 

He pulled me up from the chair and turned me towards him

Khavin: Thank you for giving me my life and filling my life with love.

He pulled me close and just as when we were about to kiss, my mom in law and sister in law came in and chided him for being in my room.

They gave me some food to eat. While I was eating they gave me company and left me to relax. I took a hot bath and I felt relaxed. That night lying on the bed, I felt amazing, I guess this is how it feels knowing you are loved and your love misses you, because the puppy eyes he made before he went away was still in my mind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys,

How was my update?

Are you liking it ?

Please vote and comments

Regards,

Indu