Chapter 36

Khavin POV

I had been looking for her, I went to the hospital where she used to work, I went to the orphanage, I went to the head quarters of the team who put my brother in, yet there is no sign of her. Where is she ? It is like she went underground or something.

My mom had a stroke, after whatever was happening at our home, I rushed her to the emergency ward and she was getting treated there. I was walking through the corridors to back home and get some home cooked meal for her when I spotted Kalki there.

She was sitting on the waiting chairs outside , she was biting her nails, a habit of her's when she is tensed or nervous. She still had a slight bruise on her forehead, she was wearing a churidar but the shocking/surprising thing was she had Sindhoor on her forehead and a Mangal sutra tied around her neck.

Wait, does she believe in our marriage or is she married in real life ? I mean I am thinking all sorts of things because, after whatever happened, I wonder do I even know her? What was her life like before me? Was Rajeev, the investigative officer she spoke about her boyfriend or husband? I mean no one does so much for just a friend these days. What is she doing in a hospital is she fine? She looks okay but she looks exhausted and she seems to be deep in thought.  

She looked up now, and I hid myself behind a pillar, by then a nurse called her in and she went into the gynecology/pediatrics department. She went into the doctor's room who was a gynecologist. All the nights we had together flashed in front of my eyes, is she pregnant ? I mean if I do the mental math it would be mine, even if she has other boyfriend or a husband she was with me for three months to be exact. So, if she is pregnant this baby could me mine. I couldn't stop myself and I went inside the room though the nurse who was outside stopped me. The doctor stepped out listening to the commotion and I told her I am Kalki's husband, I wished it was the right name because she is like a stranger to me.

The doctor looked at Kalki and Kalki looked surprised seeing me there. I thought she was not going to allow me in but Kalki gave a positive nod. I went and sat next to her, I looked at her and she looked at me at the same time but I guessed she wasn't angry or scared seeing me here.

The doctor took the medical reports and asked her to step on the examination bed in the corner of the room. I stood up too but the doctor told me to wait there, I got scared, because what if I let them go and I wont see her again, Kalki put her hand in mine and told me she will be back. She left her bag and got up to go. After a while they both came out and doctor sat down and Kalki did the same. 

Doctor: Are you feeling Nauseous ?

Kalki: Not right now but I don't want to eat anything because I am not liking the taste of it.  

Doctor : Its good that you are not Nauseous now but you would feel nauseous soon, so try staying hydrated, drink a lot of fluids. About not feeling like having any food its because your sense of taste changes so you could try oranges, lemon, sour mangoes etc....

She was still speaking when I interrupted the doctor

Me: So doctor what does that mean ? Is she ...?

Doctor: Yes Mr. ?

Me: Khavin

Doctor: Yes Mr. Khavin your wife is pregnant.

I looked at Kalki and she was already looking at me to see how I was taking the news

Flashback 

Few weeks ago 

We were both tired after an intense love making session and she was laying on my chest. She kissed me there and hugged my torso. The world's greatest feeling in life is having the love of your life in your arms and I felt like the king of the world. After seeing her with my brother's kids and how caring she was I couldn't stop thinking about our kids.