Chapter 13

Kalki POV

Me: Khavin, why don't you want to tell the truth to your family? You know how happy they would get if you tell them the news...

Khavin: Kalki, we just got to know that maybe I could walk in the future. It is only possible with my continuous efforts, my hard work, and luck. What if even with my hard work and efforts I cannot walk properly? Yes, I stood on my own legs today but that was because I had your support, what if you were not there to hold me and support me, do you think I can still stand on my own legs without your support? Do you think I could walk without your's or anyone's support? Kalki I want to make sure I can really do that before announcing it to my family. I don't want to give them any false hope and later break them when it gets physically impossible for me.

Me: Khavin, I know what you are saying but remember one thing, there is hope, all you have to do is put your maximum efforts, rest all leave it on your doctors, your luck and almighty. When I first met you I never thought I could see this improvements but the minute you gave your efforts , the minute you decided to work hard we saw positive improvements. So keep working hard, put your 200% efforts, trust your luck and almighty, give your doctors a chance. Mark my words, I am pretty sure that soon with your efforts you would be able to walk again.

Khavin: I dont know Kalki, let me promise you one thing, I will give my maximum efforts but still I have a doubt 

Me: I know Khavin, but please have some belief and trust on yourself. I am pretty sure when you put your trust and belief in yourself, then you yourself will not let you down. First you yourself should have that belief then only others can also help you. If your skeptical about yourself then your scope of bettermant would also be limited because your insecurities and fears  would restrict your growth. Please believe in yourself Khavin because more than us motivating you, you self motivating yourself will help you more, okay? 

Khavin: Okay Kalki, I will try my level best to be positive and give my maximum efforts but I think I would need your support too.

Me: Khavin, you dont have to ask, I would always support you.

Khavin: Thank you, Kalki

Khavin POV

We were seated in a car, and Kalki was looking outside. Today was a unique experience for me, from pacifying Kalki to standing on my own feet it was a freaking rollarcoaster. As soon as I did that the first thought I had was, if Kalki was happy with it and I got my unsaid question answered by her proud smile on her face.

How can someone who is unrelated to you be so proud of you ?

That is the question I asked myself and my practical part of my brain answered the question

Its her job dimwit

Ofcourse its her job to motivate and inspire her patients. That is what she was doing with me, it does not mean that I am a special patient for her or she she sees me as someone other than her patient.

Such a fool I am, I composed myself and looked at her walking towards me smiling after she met her boss. She suggested the idea of sharing the news with my family but I started self doubting myself. I started getting scared that what if even with my efforts I cant do it but Kalki assured me and motivated me which calmed me down.

Me: Kalki, so what are we going to do next ? As the doctor said I could stand on my feet without any support soon, how can I do that? Will there be any change in the treatment plan ?

Kalki: Yes Khavin, we would do all the regular excercises and massages we do and then we would practise standing. First with my support and then later we will keep a watch on the how we could help you to stand on your own. I think with practise, a good diet, therapetic massage and rest you can do it.

Me: You think so ?

Kalki: I know so, by the way you told me you do not want to let your family know yet right so how would we do those excercises and practice if you want to keep it a secret. Your brother and mom keep stopping by once in a while right, then it would be difficult to hide from them. 

Me: We could do something, we could practice in the park and if that is not possible we could practice in the hospital, you have a physiotherapy wing right ?

Kalki: Yes, that is right. Lets do that, we will do the regular stuff we do in the room then in the pertext of going for a walk we can do the practise session at the park or in the hospital. Although we need one more person with us at the park to support you other than me just in case.

Me: Oh, I cant include someone from my family, may be we should do the sessions in the hospital itself but it could create doubts in the minds of my family.

Kalki:  Oh I have an idea

Me: What is it

Kalki: Wait and see

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Readers,

How are you all

Did you find this chapter boring ?

Please vote and comment

With Love,

Indu