Chapter 22

Anish POV (Khavin's Brother)

I completed looking through the contracts for the last time and rubbed the exhaustion of my eyes to get myself a cup of coffee. I walk outside and I see Khavin working seriously on the upcoming marketing campaign for our textiles. 

 He wasn't kidding when he said he would step down to prove himself in order to build his reputation back. He started working hard since the time he had challenged the board. He started designing impactful and creative campaigns that will last us for a few years. He is very insightful and futuristic that way. Even before his downfall, he designed everything in such a way that his downfall didn't affect the popularity of the products we produced. That is why the company still is standing strong, the one worry the board had was that once Khavin steps in, the stockholders might pull out because of Khavin's past. The challenge Khavin took will help him gain back his respect and the fact that he designed the strategies would make the board reconsider their decision. Now all I have to do is, try to remove any baseless blind items/dirt written about my brother in the past. This way it would do the damage control and then it would help him be back as the image of the company.

The funny thing is though he had his ups and downs, he still seems to be the charming guy I knew, he smiles, he charms people, he sweet-talks people to persuade them in signing the deal. Khavin is really a talented employee now. 

I silently take a cup of green tea for him and place it on his desk, we don't speak anything, we just smile and go back to work.

Kalki POV

After six months

Its been six months since Khavin joined back into his company as a normal employee. I never understood what he really meant when he said I was special to him. Though I tried to gauge his feelings during his phone calls, it was impossible for me to do so. 

Khavin could be mysterious that way since the day I called him to wish him luck it has been a daily ritual for us to talk at the end of the day. We do not text a lot but every night when he finishes his work and starts to his home, he calls me. He doesn't do all the lovey-dovey talks. He calls me and asks about my day, he tells me about his day, we wish good night to each other by the time he reaches his home. Sometimes, I do get some messages from him about how his family is thinking about me or how his brother likes me. Sometimes, he sends me some fun-filled videos of his past which I see as really special because he is sharing a piece of his past with me. He does not know that his mom had already shown it to me and that playfulness, charm, and smile had got me to love him.

I got an invite recently to his company's annual party. Though it has been 6 months his strategies had been a hit and he is also one of the employees who is getting employee of the month. I got ready in one of my favorite saree and took a cab to this event. I was led into this massive hall with chandeliers and expensive decor. The whole room was bustling with a lot of activities. From the place I was standing, I caught the eyes of Khavin and he smiled at me. I smiled back, after which Khavin excused himself from the people he was talking to and walked up to me. We both stood there checking out each other.

Khavin: Hi

Me: Hi

We looked around the room not knowing what to speak, I was trying to still read his mind, while he was looking at me intensely.

By the time he was staring at me, his family walked up to me. His mom, sister-in-law, niece, and nephew hugged me while Anish Bhai smiled and asked me how was I doing. I answered and spoke to them. Khavin, was still looking at me when they all walked away.

Me: Congratulations on the employee of the month award. You really made it, I can see that your family is proud of you.

Khavin: I am glad you came today, thank you for being here

Me:  Thank you for inviting me

We were quiet for a while but

Khavin: You look really gorgeous today Kalki. I am really glad you are here because having you here made my day. 

I didn't know what to reply to that

Me: Thank you for the compliment Khavin, I'm glad I am here too 

He smiled at me and he was supposed to say something but Anish Bhai called us to the table. I sat with them, Khavin beside me and his mom sitting on another side of me. Anish Bhai went to the stage and everyone gave his attention to him, after a series of long speeches, Bhai started calling out the names to distribute the awards. After about 5 mins Khavin's name was called out, his mom hugged him and he took her blessings. His niece and nephew covered him with kisses and his sister in law shook his hand. He walked up to the stage and Anish Bhai hugged him and patted his shoulder. I could see the proud smile on Anish Bhai's face. After Khavin received the award his speech made me speechless.

Khavin: Hello everyone, thank you to all those who had made it today to this event. More than getting this award, I was looking forward to seeing all of you who had played an important role in getting me to where I am. Of course, it was not an easy journey, after lots of twists and turns I am here. I am really grateful for my family who has been with me through thick and thin, My brother who has pushed me to be better my mom who has prayed for my success and happiness, my little niece and nephew with whom I have spent some of my best memories and to my sister in law for always filling positivity in our family with her smile and warmth. Next, I would like to thank my team without whom this wouldn't be possible. Lastly, there is this one person who had come into my life unexpectedly and filled my life with lots of hope and motivation. If not for you, I would have never believed in myself after all the turbulence, of course, I had my family with me, but you pushed me out of my comfort zone, you yelled at me to make me work hard and you motivated me to succeed. This award is not only mine but it's dedicated to all of you who made it happen. I love you all.

When he said the last part I dint know what to think, was that for only his family, was that for me, or was that just a casual I love you. But that gaze he gave me in the last told me a different story

Damn you Khavin !!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Readers,

How is it going?

Hope you are doing well 

Please vote and comment

Regards,

Indu