Chapter 26

Khavin POV

When I fell in love with Kalki I always thought of her as a mature, beautiful, and gorgeous woman but right now I feel like I never met a foolish and stupid person like her in my life. How could she think that if she pushed me away, I would forget about her and focus on becoming a CEO?

I was the CEO before but that was just the requirement of that time. After dad died, Bhai was handling the business but it couldn't gain the popularity it had when dad was alive so when I graduated, Bhai insisted I become the face of our company, he saw how my appearance and charm used to work with others so he put me as the face and I was okay with it. Maybe at that point in time, my naivety and my thoughts were in that place where I thought an external appearance was everything, popularity was very necessary to be happy.  

Now at this point in time, my perception changed completely, at my lowest times I have seen who really cares and who does not. I have seen how more than external appearances and popularity, being kind and compassionate is very important. I have seen people changing right in front of my eyes, so I know how everything works. I know with popularity come, fake people, who only care about how much you are worth to the outside world and what kind of status and security you can give them.

It changed now, now I know who is my people, now I have clarity over my life, my dreams, and aspirations, now I have no interest in having power and popularity. All I need is peace, happiness, and a little success. Not too much success that it gets into my head and takes away the time I want to spend with my family. I just want that success which makes me do the hard work and which makes my family proud of me in whatever I do. The right amount of success allows me to give my family the luxury and comforts but if it's too much I might not have the peace and family time as I like. Of course, I would learn to be balanced but still being a CEO right now is not my cup of tea. My brother is handling it really well and I think he is the best one to be the CEO. Me, I am happy to give my hard work, help, and support to my brother. I am content with helping out my brother and being there for him like he was for me. I would be happy to lead a romantic and happy life with Kalki. I would be happy sitting with my mother and gossiping about her friends.

By the time I drove to the orphanage thinking about all these things I saw her sitting in the garden when I ran to her and stood before her she looked at me shocked and surprised. 

Me: You are a foolish, stupid, and silly girl. With a lie, you thought you could get me to forget you?

Kalki: I didn't lie

I saw that she wasn't looking into my eyes. She just put her head down and kept looking at the ground biting her nails. I gave out a tired sigh.

This is going to be tougher than I actually thought

Me: Kalki, Bhai told me everything, the offer that Mr. Prasad gave to Bhai where I would be required to stay abroad to get the CEO position back? I am not going at all

Kalki: You have to go Khavin, it was your dream

Me: Who said?

Kalki: Well you worked so hard for it and all ...

Me: Kalki, sweetheart, listen to me carefully, I'm not interested to be a CEO, Bhai deserves that more than me, he is a multi-tasker, he held this company and our family together when we had tough times. He is hardworking and deserving yet he never asks for anything. While I acted irresponsibly most of my life, he was sane, responsible, and mature. I can never take up the CEO, walking all over my brother after he did so much in his life. He has to get the credit, power, and recognition. 

Kalki: You are right Khavin, but why were you so adamant to prove yourself if you had it in your mind to make your brother the CEO?

Me: Each employee of that company has to have a certain level of intelligence, capabilities, and responsibilities. Just because of a minor setback I put the company's name through the dirt. If I want to help out and support my brother, I have to prove my mettle even to be a deserving employee of our organization. Whatever blind items and negative rumors spread should have to be overwritten by my hard work so that the company gains back its position in terms of goodwill. So, I worked hard and I got what I wanted. Now all I want is to have a regular job without the stress of leadership because my bro is better at that. All I want to do is spend time with my family, all I want is to have a fun and happy life with you. You were always in my long-term plan Kalki. I want to be with you, I want to start my day with you and end it with you. I want us to take care of each other and keep ourselves happy. I want to shower you with all the love, hugs, and kisses. I want to lead a stress-free life with you Kalki. 

I sat down on my knee now and took her hand in mine

Me: Kalki, would you please take some time out so that you could get married to me?

Kalki: Ha?

Me: I asked you if want to get married to me

Kalki: Khavin .......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey,

How are you all doing?

Did you like the update?

What would Kalki say ?

Please vote and comment

Regards,

Indu