Chapter 16

Running up the stairs and through the hallways, Izuku had been mumbling to himself about how late we were going to be and how he didn't have any idea where he was going.

"Class 1-A," he mumbled from beside me as we jogged through a hallway with large windows and classroom doorways. "Class 1-A..."

"I can't pay attention with all that mumbling," I griped.

"Maybe I should've got you another coffee this morning." He retorted.

"It'll be a cold day in hell before I take another coffee from you ever again."

"Look," -he grabbed my wrist and pointed- "There!" He pointed to a door that towered over us at least ten feet, if not more. "Man, this thing is huge. Are there giants here?" He asked.

"Well, have you seen Mount Lady?" I laughed. He didn't laugh but instead swallowed loudly, staring at the door in fear. "Loosen up Midoriya, it can't be that bad, right? Not like there's a chance we have a class with that glasses guy from the exam." He side-eyed me, giving a small half-smile to show he found me funny but his nerves wouldn't allow more of a reaction.

"Maybe everyone in here is nice," he bit his lip, grabbing for the door as he slid it open.

"Take your feet off of that desk now!" Somebody yelled from inside.

"Huh?"

"What the f-" Midoriya slapped a hand over my mouth.

"It's the first day and you're already disrespecting this academy by scuffing school property, you cretin!" Of course. Just my luck!

The glasses guy from before and Bakugo argued in front of us.

"You're kidding me, right?" Bakugo smirked. "You're old school put a stick up your ass? Or were you born with it?"

"Just my luck," Midoriya muttered.

"Hey, I was just thinking the same thing!" I smiled, pulling his hand off of my mouth.

"Uh- Let's start over. I'm Tenya Iida from the Somei Private Academy." Finally, the blue-haired boy had a name.

"Somei, huh? So you must think you're better than me. I'm gonna have fun tearin' you a new one." So Bakugo really was that bad at making friends.

"You would threaten me?" Iida gasped. "Your own classmate? Are you sure you're in the right place?"

"Ha!" Bakugo turned away, signaling he was done arguing.

That is until they saw us standing in the doorway.

"It's them," Iida slapped his hands to his sides before staring at us straight on.

Them?

Suddenly, the whole class turned to us, whispering amongst themselves.

"Uh, hi!" Midoriya screamed, unable to make eye contact.

"Good morning!" Iida began stomping over to us. "My name is Tenya Iida fro-"

"Yeah, I-I know." Midoriya tried to stop him from getting any closer to us. The way he moved was like the tin man from that American movie. I giggled, imagining him asking us for oil for his joints. "I'm Izuku Midoriya."

"Asami Okuma. Sorry about your glasses the other day..." I laughed.

"No worries. I believe I deserved it for calling your friend out." He nodded, signaling any hard feelings weren't apparent.

"It's super nice to meet you." Midoriya finished.

"You two realized there was something more to the practical exam, didn't you?" He asked. "You guys must be very perceptive. And I completely misjudged you, I admit. As a student, you're far superior to me."