Chapter 26

"Hey, it's Okuma and Midoriya!" I was greeted of course, by Kirishima's toothy grin as I groggily pushed the door open.

Izuku's kiss had given me enough adrenaline to fight with him in the hallway and make it halfway here without wanting to lay on the floor and fall asleep but now leaning on this doorknob looking at Kirishima, I felt like my eyelids were glued down.

"Good to see ya back, super!" Kirishima began walking over to us with the rest of our classmates as they all greeted us. "Okuma I haven't a clue what you said during that match but you were on fire! All womanly and stuff!"

Sero popped out from behind him, "I can't believe you guys held your own against Bakugo- he's like super strong! Wasn't he your partner though?"

Mina tugged on Izuku's sleeve, "You did a great job dodging!"

"You guy's really turned up in the first match, so none of us held back in our rounds either!" Sato cheered.

Aoyama slipped behind Mina, looking at us in an odd sense of admiration, "You were far from elegant, but I suppose-"

"And that way you blocked Midoriya from getting hit was like, Woah!" Mina shook my shoulders back and forth, physically rattling my brain.

They all began formally introducing themselves to Izuku and I felt my face burning in embarrassment that I stood there silently, having already known everyone while he was just now doing introductions.

"Um, hey guys!" He squeaked nervously.

Suddenly, the guy with the purple balls who I had learned was Mineta, jumped up to introduce himself and Izuku's face fell as he immediately recognized him from our first day.

I resulted in watching Iida curiously as he began scolding Tokoyami for sitting on the desks. I'd antagonizingly grown to like Iida in a mutual respect way- not in a way that I'd ever ask him to be my partner for a project.

Though he was smart...

"Hey, Okuma, Deku!" I turned to find Uraraka running at us excitedly as she hauled a handful of books in her arms. "Why didn't she heal your injuries?"

"Oh, uh... just too tired I guess," I chuckled awkwardly.

"Um, Uraraka. Where's Kacchan?" Midoriya pulled on my shoulder to angle me out of the way so he could see Uraraka directly and I glanced at Kirishima, seeing his nose twitch at Izuku's hand.

"We tried to stop him from leaving, but he wouldn't listen." Izuku and I shared a glance, an unspoken exchange of words and I knew I was going to be sent sprinting down the hall as soon as she finished. "You just missed him."

Midoriya grabbed me, dragging me by the arm until we fell into a synced run, both of us pumping our arms as we flew through the hallway.

Bakugo was trying to leave the school, but why? Had I pissed him off that much during our fight? Maybe he was right- right that I shouldn't have blocked his hit but what was I supposed to do? Let him try and kill Izuku and most likely end up forcing that dumbass to break his arm?

I hated Bakugo but... ever since getting into UA, he's been so different.

I felt like he'd mellowed out, not exactly with my partner but strictly with me. Rather more of a silent agreement with himself to focus no longer on the single idea of making my life miserable, but rather keeping me at an arm's length. Though this may be too much for me to say- a bit of a stretch- I believe Bakugo in his own way, was trying to be friends with me.

Though he was rather harsh and brash, the glare in his eyes had softened. Whether he just didn't have the same fight in him as before or if he internally had come to peace with himself- I wasn't sure.