Chapter 18

Having gone through the rest of our tests, we all stood huddled on the field once againbein as we awaited the worst contestants' expulsion.

I was nervous, I knew Midoriya had done quite horribly as he was careful to avoid using his quirk throughout the day. The only thing carrying him now was his softball throw from earlier.

This, in turn, had resulted in a total meltdown from Bakugo as he realized Midoriya and I really did possess a quirk now.

"Can I get by on that one score?" Midoriya muttered in a panic from beside me.

"Not likely. Though, If I had to give you my best bet, I'd say Momo Yaoyorozu was correct earlier. He's probably bluffing about expelling one of us."

"When did she say that?"

"Oh, earlier. I was talking to her during our grip test and she explained that by watching his body language and the school rules, he's most likely lying. She's smart, annoyingly smart." I sighed.

"We can't go off of what one person said."

"I agree. Still, makes me feel a tad bit better, hm?" I nudged him and in response, he offered a small smile. I knew he was trying to remain positive but the fear that the man before us wasn't bluffing was terrifying. What if he really was going to expel one of us and after all this hard work, Izuku had been asked to leave? Would I stay? Would I have to follow the person I was tethered to through One For All to another school?

Without a word, Mr. Aizawa flashed a screen before us that displayed our names in order according to how well we had scored.

"Fifth," Izuku muttered as he continued scanning the screen. My eyes snapped, finding my name written into fifth place but his name was nowhere near my own. My eyes began bouncing across the screen, finding him in last place. "I'm in the place. I failed," he whispered.

"I don't understand. They're keeping a girl with an invisibility quirk over yours? For crying out loud there's a guy here whose quirk is purple balls!" I whispered harshly, balling my hands into tight fists.

"And I was lying. No one's going home." Aizawa announced. "That was just a rational deception to make sure you gave it your all in the tests."

"I may be down here, not that I'm complaining, but I can still hear you." I turned to see the purple balls guy from earlier standing behind me, staring directly at my ass.

"We should've had a height test on the entrance exam." I groaned.

"Height doesn't mean nothing when my-"

"OKAY! Moving along," Midoriya must have gotten over the shock of remaining in UA as he placed his hand on my lower back, moving me away from the purple freak as he cursed Izuku out. Something about Izuku marking territory on the first day and how it was unfair.

"That was pretty nerve-wracking, huh?" A boy who I had learned was named Sero, turned to me and Izuku as we approached him.

"Nah, I'm always down for a challenge." Kirishima made a fist from beside him in determination, looking at the hand on my lower back as he spoke.

"That's it. We're done for the day. Pick up a syllabus in the classroom. Read it over before tomorrow morning." Aizawa began walking away, leaving us standing awkwardly.

Izuku sighed from beside me, content he had managed to pass his first day.

"Midoriya. Take this and go have the old lady fix you up. Things are gonna be tougher tomorrow when your actual training begins. Make sure you're prepared." Aizawa slipped a piece of paper into Izuku's hands that read in horrid handwriting that Izuku was to be sent to Recovery Girls room.