Chapter 42

My following fight had been against Shiara Shiozaki, somebody who had been thrown out of the match in one swift blow to the ankles. I felt sorry- taking her out so quickly. She seemed rather unbothered by it, even going as far as to pull me aside and praise my quirk, asking if I knew if Todoroki was... available.

This next fight was eating me alive. Izuku didn't even know I had a bet placed with All Might. Would he be angry? Upset that I had placed us on a bet?

He couldn't be. Regardless if I had accepted All Mights terms or not, Izuku and I hadn't been allowed together anyways. Though this time, I had gone as far as to place any alone time we had together on the line as well.

I hadn't even seen him and I already perceived his fight against me would be weak. Izuku had torn his arms apart. If he opted to remain in the fight and not pull out, I could only assume it would be half-assed. After all, even he knew I was beyond him in progress.

"Hey kiddo, you nervous?" I turned, finding All Might addressing me.

"Who wouldn't be? You saw him out there, he was a goddamn hell hound. He's going to be weak in this fight, he'd be better off to just pull out." I'd begun pacing the room, All Might watching me closely.

"You know he would never do that. Besides, Midoriya would never pull a punch. He's just as out for blood as you are."

I was silent, cracking my fingers and my neck as I thought over how I could possibly get myself to fight him. "I've never fought him, ya know. Izuku. That first day of our hero training class, he refused to hit me. It annoyed me at the time but that was because... well I liked him and I wouldn't admit it. Now, I know how I feel about him and it makes it so much harder."

"This is why I'm against you two forming a relationship now."

"Yes, I know. I understand. That doesn't make my feelings just magically disappear. I wish... sometimes I wish they would just disappear but they don't appear to be going anywhere anytime soon." I sat down in a chair, watching as All Might made his way to sit beside me.

"What if you try to imagine him as a villain? It worked for some old friends of mine back in my days at UA."

"It's kind of hard to imagine a boy you've known your whole life with freckles and green eyes as a villain. I mean he's just the complete opposite." I groaned, rubbing my temples. "I don't want to fight him."

"You don't have a choice."

"Really? I hadn't noticed that." I snapped.

"I have faith you'll find a way." He placed a hand on my back, leaning forward to catch my eye and offer a smile.

"You should be a motivational speaker," I sighed, laying my head on the table.

"Your sarcasm is admirable. Look, I can't fight this for you. You've got to find the will to fight for yourself. You know what you want, so go and get it."

"Trust me, I will." I got up, making my way for the door as he got up and followed me. "Look, I appreciate you coming to try and offer words of encouragement but you're just making me nervous." He nodded, offering a tight smile as he pat the top of my head before turning to make his way down the hallway. I went opposite of him, finding myself sauntering down a hallway I had yet to discover over the course of the day.

This hallway was too loud, the silence seemingly diseased. My eardrums pounded, a marching band apparently embedded into my mind. My feet felt like cement blocks and my head suddenly became heavy, making it a strain to keep elevated. I felt like a zombie, wandering down these halls with static for a brain.