Chapter 43 ~ Finale

Chapter 43

Lily's POV

Levi kept his promise of kissing me everywhere. With his touch, I felt how much he misses me. With his words, he told me how much he treasures me. With his embrace, he showed me how much he loves me.

"I am scared," I confessed, "that maybe one day you'd get tired of me; that you'd wish you had waited to find someone better; that you'll realize one day that you don't love me anymore."

He was silent for a moment, his stare was deep in unfathomable thoughts which I couldn't read. He's considering the possibilities of leaving me.

He took my hand and enveloped it with each of his deft, long and nimble fingers. I shivered a little, nervous of his response. The curve of his mouth turned somber, his pinkish lips which I was kissing a second ago thinned as his eyebrows slightly narrowed.

"Lily, I have waited for so long to have you and now that I do, I will never let you go. This man loves you dearly and can't bear the thought of leaving you. If you're still doubtful, then I will make sure to dissipate your worries day by day until it's gone."

I couldn't stop the tears from falling like a waterfall. He did not laugh or mock my fears but rather did his best to understand and responded respectfully.

I truly am in love with him.

Days turned to months. Seasons passed like the leaves at Fall. We took it slow but steady. Fighting and working our differences only made us stronger than ever. He was my rock and I was his.

He popped the question one evening under the starry skies at the balcony overlooking the ocean. I said yes and life after had never been more beautiful.

We reminisced the memories of how we met and told each other what we thought during that moment like best friends.

"You were so shy but it's cute."

"You were so serious, it's annoying." I laughed, poking his sides.

Kisses followed then touches filled with love.

"If you had one thing you could change, what would it be?" I asked one time as we sat by the Bahamas beach for our honeymoon.

"That will be acting like a dick to you, no doubt. My personality stunk then. The configuration of how much I made you go through should have made you hate me but I'm glad you didn't. Thank you, love." He kissed my forehead.

"I love you."

"I love you more."

More adventures with our royal friends took place and I enjoyed every bit of it. They were the stars of my night sky.

My family finally accepted my husband after months of wooing. Levi was ecstatic when they gave us their blessings. They were the rainbow of my blue sky.

Because Levi loved me, I learned to love myself. He believed in me first. He showed me a gentle side of him that is kind and happy. I only wish to keep the smile on his face everyday for the rest of his life. He was the sun of my universe.

One time I took his attention by kissing him on the cheek while he jammed away on his computer.

"What if I had really been a maid and not a princess?"

He pulled me in his arms, cocooning me on his lap and against his desk.

"Maid or a princess, I would have married you either way."

~Fin~

A/N: 😭 omg thank you so much everyone for being patient with me. After many years, it is finally over! ❤️ It's only right that I finish this on my birthday this year. Show me some love!

We don't have to end our journey here! Please read and meet me at my new books: The Land of Dawn: Harley's Resolve and How To beat a CEO!

I will miss you alll! Please read the author's note! I have more exciting, wonderful news stated there!

Blurb of How to beat a CEO:

This book is every bit of cliche you've been searching for in a slapstick, slightly cringeworthy rom-com with the usual 'CEO is so hot and powerful-I deny it but I simp for him' storyline.

Katherine Novak spies on their competition, infiltrating the company as the newly hired personal secretary of the CEO. The rivalry between the two companies began decades ago and feuds from both sides only infuriated the other more over the years. To continue the legacy of rivalry, Katherine embarked on a dangerous task of sleuthing the enemy and to her surprise finally end the war.