° Chapter 37

Chapter 37

L E V I

The saying 'Time is gold' had never sunk into me until this moment. There was a small regret that ignited as I followed Deryck and my nemesis' bodyguards in the van. While my eyes were being blindfolded, a debate broke out in my mind of whether the years I've lived my life until now was satisfactory or not. Funny how a man nearing his death has a sudden huge amount of gratefulness than he did when he was having the time of his life. I guess that's just how it works in this insatiable world-as long as you can have more, it can never be enough.

"We're here," Deryck said as the engine stopped and the sliding doors opened. "Give em' hell," he whispered in my ear as he untied the cloth covering my eyes.

I sure will.

Upon opening my eyes, I smiled a little at how dark their hideout was. It was the typical ran down warehouse where most videographers would shoot for a horror film. I should be feeling scared but strangely, a wave of calm hit me as I mentally prepared myself to face my destiny.

"I didn't think you'll come." Mr. Weilder, my favorite enemy said while looking up from his plush seat when we arrived. "I had a feeling you were going to kill yourself but here you are, all in good flesh."
Half of his burnt face looked even more horrifying in person.
"I've missed you Levi, my favorite student." He smirked, twirling his scruffy mustache.

I gave him a bland smile as I scanned the stuffy room. It was pretty empty aside from the computers and a few furniture, however; there was an object that concerned me. It was a metallic chair that had a small crane attached to it which held a helmet upwards and from the helmet stuck many wires like tarantulas that lead to a big machine.

It's a carbon copy of the chair where Lily was tortured when he blackmailed me. How dare he even try...

"Likewise. It was quite boring without you, dear sir. I didn't have any murderous thoughts quite like I had before when you were alive." I faked a smile as I stepped over the wires connecting to about 20 computers and looked at my friends all tied up and gagged. There were fear in their eyes and seeing them like this made me feel as if a thorn was stabbed further into my body. I wanted to tell them right there and then that it will be alright and they'll be free very soon but this act had to be done flawlessly. Absolutely, nothing can go wrong.

"How about me Levi?" It was Lily this time. She sat like a queen, eyes full of evil confidence. "Did you miss me like I missed you?"

"Not one bit." I ignored the feelings that were trying to resurface as I glanced at her face. Although she had the same gorgeous body and the same person who I once called my Lily, I had never felt so distant to a stranger such as her. This is somebody else entirely.

Weilder laughed as Lily faked a hurt look but cackled it off afterwards. I could see Clarianne's eyes glare at them with pure hatred while the rest of my friends try to break free from the coils but fail nonetheless.

"So this is how it will happen. You will work for me again Levi, just like old times. Give me the key of those military secrets and I will set your friends free."

As if I'd let you take over me again. No, not this time---never.

I shook my head curtly. "No, this is how it will work. I will give you the military secrets I kept away after you set my friends free."

For a moment we had a stare down while the silence rang into my ears.

"Hmmm. And why will I agree to that nonsense?"

"First of all I need to know they'll be safe. You only want me anyway, why bother including my friends." I gave him a knowing smirk, "Not unless, you want them to know the military secrets as well..."