Chapter 14

Come on guys, it's barely been a day, and you guys have achieved the goal already? Oh well, here ya go babes. xD (Feeling a little giddy today) :D

*****

Chapter 14

Lily's POV

"He's here again." Ria came in my room wearing an apron stained in paints. "Do you really not want to see him? What a poor sod he is."

I shook my head, my heart was not ready to take the abundant emotions caused by seeing him. It was still sore from our last encounter and the fact that my eyes were red and swollen would be an obvious giveaway as to what I was really feeling. I don't want that.

"Here's your flower." Ria handed me a single rose which color surprised me.

"It's yellow, does it mean anything?" I asked her curiously as I took it from her.

"It means friendship and optimism. I believe he wants to be friends with you." She chuckled a little. "I guess giving you red roses three times every day must have meant that he was declaring his love for you before."

I blushed a little. "So now he just wants to be friends," I stated.

"I believe so." 

I looked outside the window and watched Levi's forlorn form slowly walk away. I wanted to shout for him to come back and run in his arms but the other part of me didn't want to. I detest myself for being weak.

"Hey, it's going to be fine. I don't think that geek is the type that would give up that easily. He's going to come back and try harder." Ria patted my back which made me feel better. 

After talking to Levi that afternoon, he came back the next morning to come and see me but I sent him off. He left a single rose for me whenever he came by which was in the morning, noon, and evening, every day. It's been a week but I just couldn't face him yet but there's another part of me fearing that one day he wouldn't come. The thought of him giving up on me distraught me. I don't want him to give up. 

Levi knew that roses were my favorite flower but it still annoyed me to the core. As much as I would like to throw the roses away, I couldn't. In the end I'd leave them in a big vase in my room where it extinguishes its fragrance. Whenever I smell it, I think of him. Whenever I see it, I think of him. He has invaded my thoughts and my whole being. It's torture.

"Why don't you come with me and see my paintings? I don't think you've seen it yet." Ria pulled me out of my thoughts. 

"Sure." I followed her slowly behind. I wondered what her other paintings would look like.

"So, what do you think?" She opened the door to a huge room full of paintings. The walls had been painted too, and the ceiling had different types of clouds in it; half of the ceiling had stars.

"Wow, this is amazing!" I excitedly glanced at one painting to another. Ria definitely had the talent. She had a unique style that would lure you to stare at the painting for minutes. Her abstract paintings were sharp and intense while her realistic paintings were made in bright pastel colors that had a warm and fuzzy feeling to it.

"I paint realistic paintings when I'm in a good mood while those abstract ones are made when I'm not particularly happy," she explained as she sat on a stool in front of a canvass. She took the palette of paint on the table and dipped a small pointed brush in it.

"I want to try paint your eyes," she said and beckoned me to sit before her. 

"Okay sure."

I sat still for a few minutes, trying hard not to blink much. Ria's hands stroked fast and precisely on the canvass, making me curious of how it'd look like.