Chapter 25

Olla guys! xD Sorry for taking so long in updating this story. Life is pretty hectic these days and next week as well. But I spared some of my time to write this just for you guys since I announced that I'd be back today. It's really short, though. :( Anyway, here ya go, enjoy! :)

*****

Chapter 25

Lily's POV

"Where are we going, Levi?" I asked him as he interlaced his fingers with mine, tightly holding on as if afraid to let go. The beating of my heart hasn't eased one bit even after he'd pulled us out of the elevator.

I was glad that we went out of that constricting place for I could've fainted but then I realized that even in an open place it would still be the same because he was the reason why. Why I still couldn't breathe properly. Still dazed. Heart, pounding hard.

He didn't reply and continued to pull me out of the building. "Levi?" I called to him again. I was so confused. What the hell am I doing? Why am I going with him? It was like I was on the brink of ice, shivering in the cold, trying to look for warmth and he was fire, but as much as I wanted him, to feel the heat, a part of me wanted to stay still, to remain statuesque because I knew that a little more than a step on that brink of ice, it'd break, and I'd forever drown.

He stopped his tracks.

"Please." It was almost inaudible but I heard it. His hand tightened once again as he looked ahead, waiting for my reply.

"Okay." Weak. I followed him in his car. Weak. I let him kiss me one more time. Weak. He's going to break my heart again.

"How about Clarianne?" I asked as I came out of the car.

"I sent her a message. She's smart, she'll get it." He faced me and tucked my hair behind my ear. "Don't worry, mon amour."

He smiled and my breath hitched just like it always did. I decided that if this was what fate has stored for me then I might as well go along with it. Drama, agony, heartache, it'll be worth it. He's worth it.

I smiled back.

*****

I stared at the vast sky where stars shone like little suns. It was breathtaking.

"You like it?" Levi asked, smirking in my direction. After eating a small meal he showed me around his big house and we stopped at the balcony.

"Yes," I smiled as I gripped on the railing. I wanted to ask him a lot of things but I was afraid that I'd ruin this peaceful moment. He might have already read the situation and noticed how I'd open my mouth to say something but close it immediately.

"I'm here to fix my past," he said as he continued to gaze at the stars. "I want to tell you Lily but now's not the right time."

"Okay, but will you be alright?"

"I'm more than alright already," he said with a small smile. "What about you? Why are you here?"

"Family matters," I quickly said as I looked away. I still didn't have enough guts to tell him the truth.

"Family matters?" He asked as he raised an eyebrow, cocking his head to the side. I could feel my heart beat accelerate as he looked at me with calculating eyes.

"Y-yeah." I stepped back a little. Dangerous, this is dangerous. Think of something Lily, quickly change the subject, the sky, the house, the weather--anything.

"I remembered when I first met you, Lily, I knew that there was something strange about you."

My mouth fell ajar as I stepped away from the railing and from him. "What do you mean?"