° Chapter 36

Chapter 36

L E V I

Midnight finally arrived. The moon's splendor gave enough light for me to see vividly towards the bridge. Sneaking out from the academy had been tough and almost impossible. I had no choice but to memorize the blueprints of the campus and its vicissitudes yet that was nothing compared to pulling my frail body over the gate after disabling its alarm, of course. Exhausted, I quietly walked, careful not to make a sound as I feared the unknown.

'It's okay', I thought, 'it'll be alright.' I was 100% sure of this candidate. He will be loyal to me and only me whether there was a contract or not. He will do. If it didn't go the way it should then I would never forgive myself knowing I had the chance to save my friend's family but wasn't able to.

There was a shadow that lurked under the bridge and knowing who it would be, I hurried over.

"Your highness," the shadow spoke and bowed as I squinted my eyes to have a better look since only half of his body was illumined by the moon. "You called for a knight."

I stepped closer and was shocked to see a boy, only a few years older than me. "I don't understand. Why'd they send you? I hired a professional."

"Forgive me for speaking, your highness but I am a professional. I ranked the highest score in our training which is why they sent me to serve you."

The wind howled in the empty field and through the bridge making me shiver from the cold.

I shook my head, waving my hand off. "Forget it. There's not much time." I gave him a folder of all the information he would need. "Save them. Your flight will leave in an hour, you must hurry and save them before it's too late."

"Yes, your highness." He stood up already turning around.

"Wait, what's your name?"

"Wrickor Galmore Jr., your highness, in short they call me Rick."

***

"Prince Deryck has arrived, your highness," Rick informed.

I remained seated as I finished transferring the final file in the USB.

"Levi, how could you let this happen?!" Deryck was furious when he entered, slamming the door hard behind him. "Fuck, what are we gonna do then? This isn't supposed to happen. I warned you Levi. Man, I warned you!" He slammed his hands on the table, eyes glaring at me.

I closed my eyes and sighed. "This isn't your problem Deryck and right now I don't have time to bullshit with you."

"To hell with this not being my problem!" He was seething now. "Knowing you, you're going to try and save your friends even if It's obviously a trap. Can't you see Levi? You're cornered and it's because you let your stupid self get charmed by that fucking princess again. I knew it, damn it, I should have seen it-she looked so familiar. He really did make sure none of us know his real plan, that bastard."

My jaw clenched as I struggled to remain cool-headed. He was making it very hard to. "Are you going to listen to my plan or what?"

"No, I'm not going to let you go there. I already made plans for you to run away. I'll just say you managed to break free." He turned to Rick. "Rick, punch me hard in the face to make it seem you guys knocked me out. Make sure it bruises, also-"

"Deryck, stop! I'm not going to run away. Not this time." I ejected the USB then stared at it. For some reason, I couldn't look at Deryck. "They're my friends, I can't leave them there a second longer."

"I'll get them out, you fool. He can't harm them without you being there."

"I don't want to give him a chance to!" I finally looked at him in the eyes. "Just hear me out, will you? Please."

"Fine, I'm listening."

I told him and Rick my plan. Having calculated many scenarios, there was only one way I could save everyone.

Ðeryck paled. "You don't mean-no, you can't. I can't let you do this."

"Prince Levi, there must be another way." Rick said, his eyes widening.

"No, this is the only way. I have to do this. I started this, it should end with me." I stubbornly said and looked at them straight in the eyes. They must understand that there's nothing that's going to change my mind.

Deryck turned away while Rick kept his head down.

Control it. Control your emotions, Levi. You can get through this. This is the only way.

"Deryck, I know you've been covering for me. Rick has told me all about it and yes, you're welcome. Your family is well and safe. Just think how relieved you'll be to be able to see them again after we break your shackles with that heinous guy. I want to thank you for always trying to protect me. Don't think you've failed this time. This is my decision. And yes, despite the many cruelties we've gone through, you've always been a brother to me."

"I know." He managed to choke out.

"And Rick," I looked at Rick and nodded my head at him with a smile. "You know."

"Yes, yes your highness." He didn't even try to hide his tears. "Thank you."

"And now," I stood up, clutching the USB in my hand, "let's kick ass."

***(this is just a random cool princely pic, I imagine as Levi

***(this is just a random cool princely pic, I imagine as Levi.) xD***

GOAL: 80 votes & 80 comments (i will post the next chapter when goals are met! and while i wait, i'll give attention to my other books,lol)

Sorry this is short because the next chapter will be super long and action filled. ;)

I hope you guys like this chapter! I'm currently working on a new story which I'm so excited to write soon. Hint, hint : It'll be about pirates! <3

Yes, I know, I'll be updating my other stories. I'm halfway done with the next chapter of Eric & Ria in "Our Story" so keep posted. Mwuah! mwuah! Have a good day ya'll!