° Chapter 40

Chapter 40

LILY

I dropped the bouquet of lilies; its delicate petals crushed on each other like soft, tainted glass. It remained on the white tiled floor as I stared at Levi's empty hospital bed. I knew it.
Something was going to happen, not any day, nor tomorrow, but today. I woke up in cold sweat this morning, my breaths quick as if having had an asthma attack. I had forgotten my dream but the feeling had been real and I was as scared as a person being chased. By what?
My conscience?

Gathering my horrid thoughts and deciding before I mentally break down that I had to find out the truth, I anxiously searched for a doctor or nurse. Anyone, would do. But they all looked at me as if I was nuts. New faces, new staffs and apparently none knew of the prince who was in a coma.

Did...did he...die?
No. He can't.

So many declarations I have yet to say. So many things I have yet to do. For him. To him. With him.
So, not yet. Please.

"How could you forget the patient you had here yesterday? I was just here!"

"I'm very sorry ma'am, I was put back to duty at this section just today. I do not know who or what you're talking about. Please ask the administration," the nurse sympathized. She must think I was crazy.

"I did but she knew nothing---" I was cut off by the ringing of my phone, "hold on." I sighed in relief when I saw who was calling.

"Clarissa." I almost burst into tears.

"Hmmm. I figured you weren't informed," she said in a solemn tone, "or worse, uninvited? This is horrible."

"What's horrible? Levi---is he?? What uninvited? The funeral?? Oh my god!" I let out a sob.

"No Lily," she quickly said, "I'm sorry for confusing you but Levi's fine."

Levi's fine. Those words echoed in my mind a few more times before it finally registered.

"Lily, you still there? Lily? Lily!"

"Oh gosh! I'm sorry, I was panicking. Nobody would tell me what happened. I mean, I thought I was in a different dimension or delusional. All the staff here don't know anything."

"Yeah, of course they don't. Imagine the press if they find out there's a prince in that hospital. You would not have been able to visit him everyday nor would we," she explained softly and I wanted to hit myself for being so stupid.

"You're right. Why didn't think of that?" I faked a laugh.

She returned a real laugh. "Get your head out of your ass Lily. Levi is very much alive. He woke up this morning and demanded he's transferred home. He brought his personal doctors and nurses with him so that would explain the new faces."

"Ohhh." I was speechless. A million thoughts went over my head. He's awake! Oh my god, he's alive! Yes, thank you! He was brought home and not to church or the morgue! I can't believe it, he woke up!

"Ohhh?" Clarissa replied.

"No I mean, great! I was stunned for a moment. I can't believe it!" I let out a small shriek.

"Now, that's the reaction I was expecting," she chuckled, "Listen though, he's throwing a party tonight and I don't know what's happening between you two but I think you should come. Here I am being the informant again, or better yet, the fairy sexy godmother. I'm getting sick of it but you gotta do what you gotta do."

"You're the best. Thank you."

"You owe me."

I slid on the floor next to the unflattering bouquet of flowers; it's petals spread all over, giving life on the boring white ground. I picked up what was left and hurried outside to look for the last nurse I talked to earlier.

"Here, for you," I said quickly and shoved the bouquet in her arms. "Thank you."

Waving a goodbye, I couldn't stop the big smile etching on my face. She must really think I'm crazy now. I don't care.

Excitedly, I went home to prepare for the party. Since I was not invited, I had to devise a plan on how to get inside unnoticed.

I didn't want Levi to see me but I wanted to see him.

Smiling once again, I scavenged through my closet and no, not to go Narnia but to find a piece of dress I never thought I'd be looking for ever again.

A maid's uniform.

***
Next update might be on Tuesday! No worries, I won't let you guys wait too long coz I'm excited for them to meet too! Or will they even meet at the party? ;)

Miss you guys! Also starting on a new novel so stay tuned! Don't forget to comment your thoughts and vote! It means a lot.
xoxo

Where's my mobile legends players at??

Anyway, being spontaneous as usual I decided to join this contest on writing a story about the characters in mobile legends. Unfortunately, it's in webnovel and I'll probably get in trouble for posting this hahahaha. Will bring it down later!

https://activity.webnovel.com/64592563/mlbb?onShare=1&bookId=13910081505210105

Please support me!
Press the link, press support, log in, then press support again to give me diamonds. You get diamonds daily so support me everyday!

To read the story, press the picture. Vote for me as well! I guarantee you, it's the best mobile legends story out there!

My username here is Ms_Sashay but it's still me ;)

Thank you and hope you join me in this journey! It'll be fun!