Chapter 42

Chapter 42

Levi

There was an underlying panic in the air when I woke up. Nobody was screaming nor crying yet no words nor sound could describe the worry on my friends' faces. Gavier was the first person I saw and then there was Clarianne who cried her eyes out, before pinching me to get a reaction out of me.

"You're alive!" She exasperated, unbelieving.

I couldn't believe it either. The gods must've thought it cruel to take my insignificant life after the life I've gone through.

"And then what happened?" I asked Gavier who gushed on the series of unfortunate events because Clarianne was useless as she sobbed on Gavier's shoulder.

"Jarvis happened. The fool didn't hesitate to rush in the fire to save you. I should give him a call to let him know you're awake."

I sat up, shaking my head. "Don't bother, I'll see him myself."

***

I should've known better that Jarvis would be in the abandoned warehouse and not the 5 star resort next to it. He was a man of crafts--dangerous toys that spark chaos. It would be hard for a sane person to understand how addicting it was to create something of your own and see it blossom out of nothing.

Jarvis and I had the same addiction.

"Jarvis!" I had to shout so he could hear me through his helmet. He was drilling on a small silver chain in what seemed like earrings and I couldn't imagine what this dude had on his mind. Perhaps another gift for Anastasia, his lover.

"Levi!" Jarvis dropped everything at once upon seeing me and took off his helmet. Grease and dirt was smeared on his clothes and body but we both didn't care. He swallowed me in an embrace.

"Thank you for saving my life," I said teary-eyed. Nothing could ever surmount the amount of gratitude I had towards him, especially the crazy.

Jarvis laughed, smearing his dirty hands on my spotless white shirt. "You're my brother. I'd rather die than leave you behind."

I smiled, tightening my hold on him for one more second before letting go. "Freak."

"Nerd."

We both laughed like idiots.

"So what crazy abomination are you working on?" I asked, already putting on my gloves. The excitement of getting back to our weird addiction overthrew the fatigue on my body.

"Anastasia's earrings, I want to put a small bomb in it!" He laughed like a mad genius.

Spending time with Jarvis finally threw my mind of a certain pretty red head. But only for a moment.

***

I could calculate and hack anything in the world but when it comes to the girl I love, I have no idea what to do nor what to say. I was a coward. I didn't know how to face the complications I feel for her. I didn't even know where to begin.

I thoughts my friends throwing a party would finally ease my mind a bit and decide the strategy of winning her back but I simply couldn't stop thinking about her.

"Red hair alert, 9 o'clock," Clarianne whispered in my ear and my head snapped towards that direction. She's here.

I squeezed my way through the throes of people wanting to exchange small talk. "I'm sorry I have to go," I said while pushing a blonde woman away who threw herself at me.

Catching my breath, I finally caught up to her before she got in the cab. I sighed, holding her in my arms felt like several years of torture have finally come to an end. "Thank god, you're still here Lily," I said as I embraced her.

"You're here," she sobbed.

"Yes I am."

"I can't believe you're here."

"It's the only place I want to be." I wiped the tears from her eyes. "I'm sorry, I let my ego get ahead of me from coming to you. I was stupid to analyze all that there is when it comes to you. In the end, there's only one phrase I want to say to you and no matter how cheezy it may sound, I'd say it anyway. Lily, I love you. My future seems bleak without you in it. I love you so much, I can't think of anything else to say. Gosh, Lily, I really do love you."

Lily was full on crying now and I panicked not knowing what to do. "I'm sorry, are you okay? Please stop crying."

"I can't," she managed to say.

"Can't what? Be with me?" Of course she wouldn't want to be with me, after what I put her through.

"Can't stop crying you idiot!" She punched my shoulder. "I love you too and I can't imagine life without you."

I pulled her in my arms, thanking the gods for giving me another chance at life for this moment. I lifted my head to kiss her and just as I was to deepen the kiss, we heard someone blowing their nose aloud. We looked up to see who it was.

Nessa was blowing on Lucas' sleeve as Clarianne covered Gavier and Jarvis' mouth to keep them quiet. Ria also covered Eric's mouth who snuggled away from her hold.

"Way to go Nessa, we were just at the good part," Eric complained.

"Sorry, I can't shtop crying," she bawled.

"Please don't use my shirt as your tissue darling. You have your own dress," Lucas said gently.

Clarianne smacked his head. "Be a gentleman and let the lady blow her nose. Sorry Levi and Lily."

Jarvis laughed and carried Clarianne to twirl her around. "You need to cool your head off."

"I'll do it Jarvis," Gavier said possessively as he tried to stop the two.

"Here we go again," Ria rolled her eyes.

"Bored Ria? Wanna fight, then make up and kiss as well?"

Anastasia then appeared, looking exasperated, "Shit, what'd I miss?" She laughed at Jarvis twirling a screaming Clarianne.

"Nothing much," I answered while winking at Lily who blushed.
She smiled through her tears. "I can't believe everyone is here."

"Of course we'll be here." Nessa held her hand. "We were about to pick you up but then saw you get in the cab."

"Clarianne said to let you do the hustle so we pretended to not know you," Ria added.

"It was really hard!"

I smiled as the girls hugged each other. Before letting them be, I leaned into her ear.
"Prepare yourself tomorrow, I'll pick you up and kiss you everywhere."

***
A/N

Here you go my loves ;) see I updated before you even thought of it. I absolutely think I deserve a 🌟. XD

I hope you likey likey!
Be safe! 🤗