• Chapter 10

Hot alert up there! Oh, no, no! Levi, no, don't show us your hotness just so you could get away with being a jerk. It's not going to work. No, no. . .

*****

Chapter 10

L E V I

Something was wrong with me. Why do I constantly push away the person I like? Am I really that much of a coward?

Lily didn't know how much she had an effect on me. When she rejected me, my whole world became bleak and nonexistent. Why is she pressuring me with breaking it off with Jessica? The girl was as fragile as a twig, hurting her would probably put her in the hospital for good. Can she not understand?

Fuck it all.

She hurt me, and I wanted to do the same. That night, Jessica surprised me and immediately threw herself at me. She was wearing a black lingerie that could have seduced any male specie. I, being a male, was shocked to the bone. For a moment, I didn't do anything until I heard a clanging of utensils on the floor.

I looked up and saw Lily, trying hard to keep her tears intact. The look on her face was so broken that I wanted to close my eyes and shut it out of my mind. I became mad and irrational because she had been right. She had always been right. If I let Jessica stay any longer, things like these would inevitably happen and Jessica would think that I was alright with it. This fact angered me and my pride blinded me from consoling her. I shouted for her to get the fuck out, out of guilt, embarrassment, and anger.

After she left, I pushed Jessica away and told her that we couldn't do this and that I can't go through the wedding because I only thought of her as a sister and no more. She began crying and left the room, slamming the door in the process.

I gritted my teeth and closed my eyes out of frustration. Too many things were just happening that made me not sleep throughout the night. To top things off though, she had been mean to Jessica and that wasn't right but I had forgiven her.

Tomorrow, I'll apologize to Lily, and break things off with Jessica.

*****

The dull day began, the sun creeped though my window, shining on my face, reminding me of what I had to do. I quickly prepared myself for breakfast, knowing that I would be meeting with Lily as she had always been an early riser. I hope she forgives me immediately.

"Oh, prince!" A distraught looking Mrs. Bennet came to me. "I have terrible news!"

I held her arm worriedly. "What is it, Mrs. Bennet?"

"Lily disappeared, she's not anywhere inside the mansion. She must have run off!"

I let go of her and looked at her in disbelief. This can't be right. Things are supposed to be working for us this morning. Not. . .this!

"Look around again, and search outside!" I roared through the household and they set off immediately.

I ran a hand through my hair and reminisced through my actions last night. Fuck, I told her to leave, and she really did.

I closed my eyes in frustration. I lost her. She must have given up on me, on us. But how could she? How could she leave me?

This thought angered and I tried controlling my overwhelming emotions. Of course, she would run off, after I treated her like shit. Her distraught face last night should be clear enough that I had shattered her heart.

I went upstairs, regretting everything I had done. It was as if someone punched a hole in my chest, making it hard to breathe. Please, please be here.

Mrs. Bennet came by, shaking her head as she cried. She must have thought that it was her fault, but it was mine all along.

Depressed, I sat behind my desk, and for a few minutes, I stared at the ceiling for the longest time, flinching as I remembered her crying most of the time. She looked bothered ever since Jessica came along. How could I have not seen this coming? I was hurting her all the time just by being with Jessica, and by kissing Jessica, with her low esteem, she must have thought that I didn't want her anymore. I was hurting her more than ever and now that she was gone, I couldn't even apologize.

I'm so sorry, please come back. It's hard to live without you, without knowing where you are, and without knowing you're alright.

There was a knock on the door and a little hope sprang through me when I told that person to come in. It was Brenda, she must know about Lily's whereabouts and had come to tell me.

Glaring at me, she threw a piece of paper on my desk.

"What's this?" I opened the letter carefully.

"It's my resignation letter. I'm quitting because you have hurt Lily. Now, she isn't here anymore because of an asshole like you," she said with so much anger, I was speechless.

"And remember that time when you thought Lily was bullying your princess. It was my fault and not hers. Your princess was treating me like shit so I did a little revenge and threw a pitcher of coffee on her. Little did I know that the coffee that spilled on the floor was going to make her slip. Lily saw this, and threw herself to save the princess, making the princess fall safely on her and not break her limbs by falling on the floor."

My eyes widened at her confession.

"Did you know how long she cried that night? Even after you said that you had forgiven her? She was broken into pieces because you never trusted her and listen as to what she had to say," Brenda continued as tears threathened to fall from her eyes. "She even had bruises all over her body and she had no appetite. And did you see her fingers? It's covered with band-aids because your princess kept crashing cups and plates on purpose so that she could clean it up. How could you? Well, I'm glad she left, because she doesn't deserve you. I hope you die in hell with your bitchy fiance." She turned to leave and slammed my door closed.

I buried my face in my hands as misery overwhelmed me. How hurt must she have felt when I didn't listen to her? I broke her completely. She's so sweet, innocent, so beautiful and kind. I should have listened. I should have believed her.

I should have put a stop to my doubts and believe everything she had to say.

It's all my fault why she left. And I'm going to fix it. I'll fix our relationship. There will be no more hesitations and secrets between us and I'll treat her how she should be treated. Not as a princess, but a queen.

"Come in," I said when I heard another knock. It was my bodyguard, Rick. I ordered him to look through the footage if there was any clue as to how did Lily leave my mansion and the gates unseen.

"We found something." He brought his laptop and faced it to me. "This early morning, there was a respectable young man who called himself by the name of Prince Raveyg. He said he was there to visit you and take what was his."

Jealousy engulfed my entire being and I gritted my teeth hard.

"This clip is when a young lady hugs the young man and come in his car willingly."

I closed my eyes to refrain myself from snapping Rick's neck for stating the obvious. I couldn't see the prince's face clearly and he should be worried because I would incarcerate his entire body when I find him.

"What's the spelling of his name. I'm going to search for him and hack everything he owns." I said, opening my laptop and fixing my glasses.

"According to what he wrote, it said, R-a-v-e-y-g. The "y" looks like an "i" though so I'm not sure."

"What kind of fucking name is that? He's not anywhere. . .Wait. Say that again."

"Umm, according to what he wro--"

"No, the last sentence."

"The 'Y' looks like an 'i'?"

"Gavier," I answered after I rearranged the letters. "Though he doesn't like to play games but I know someone who does."

"Who?" Rick asked.

"Clarianne. This has Clarianne all over it."