° Chapter 34

So sorry for the delay! But I'm back! :D

THank you for waiting decades just for my updates. I will try to update more soon. Love all 5k followers. So grateful! <3

Chapter 34

L e v i

THINK. Just like what you've done before, when all has failed and doomed, when it seems the only way to escape such despair is to run away, when the dreadful reality has befallen such ghastly means-amidst all these, an infinitesimal hope and execution can turn it around. Just THINK.

..'you're not alone'... a small voice whispered in my head.

"It's time," I said with dwindling confidence.

"For what?" Rick asked in an exasperated tone, even he was on the edge on his seat.

"For reinforcements."

Rick nodded, understanding what I meant.

Alone, I may be weak but with my friends, surely, we'll be unbeatable.

***

The scene started in a very familiar way, almost as if I was a psychic knowing what would happen conclusively and in what manner it would reflect my young self.

"You must not tell anybody, Lily. We're running away for good. I've calculated the pros and cons of this plan and leaving this place will apparently save the world. You will no longer have those experiments, Lily, I can't bear to see you in that state, and I will no longer be held captive. I've put passwords in every dangerous weapon I could think of since I've been told to hack them. If your uncle finds out about this he's going to imprison me forever."

Lily nodded, teary-eyed. "Okay. Levi, I'm scared."

"It's going to be okay. I've got this. At midnight, we'll meet at the docks where we usually hang out. I'll be waiting for you."

"Alright. Don't leave without me."

"I promise."

As usual, the next scene would be my young self-waiting for the young Ophelia by the docks. For half an hour she made me wait only to be held captive again.

"Levi, you think you can run away from me?" Lily's uncle cackled, holding his hand was Lily who wouldn't look at me in the eyes. "You cannot break the bond of family. Lily tells me everything."

No..this can't be...I--

Aghast and utterly betrayed, my knees weakened and made me fall to the ground.

"Did you think I would let my niece befriend you without any reason? How foolish of you to believe that."

"I-I thought you were my f-friend, Lily?" Tears welled up in my eyes.

I've sacrificed so much for her, the endless hacking so that they would cease experimenting on her-I have traded the world just to protect her, yet she-

No...please no...

"Because of this, I'll have you throw a missile at your own country from China. Come, you stupid boy."

My surroundings have turned black and white as I was dragged by the bodyguards back to the school I detest the most.

My hometown? No...please.

With wide eyes, I managed to lock eyes with Lily who began trembling as she bit her lips. "Just do it."

My hands shook on top of the keyboard as the screen turned on.

"Aim it at your home or I will kill that Deryck boy and your other classmates."

"Please...I can't," I sobbed. "I beg you, sir-"

"How about I show you what's really at stake here. Lily, come to sit, it's time."

Lily stiffened but obediently went to sit on the chair where she experienced tons of torturous experiments in her head. Almost immediately, when the helmet was put on her, she began shrieking and shaking uncontrollably.

"Stop! It will kill her!" I screamed, my voice cracking.

"Then do what I told you to do!" He roared.

My hands began typing with unceremoniously as sweat trickled down my temples. It has come to this and having calculated this exact scene in the past, I had no choice but to do it then.

In about 30 seconds the missiles from China will blast off to my own country and the only way to counteract is-yes, that's right.

My fingers jabbed hastily on the keyboard, immediately after pressing enter the alarm went off and on the screen showed a countdown of 20 seconds.

"Levi what does this mean??"

"You said to blast off a missile to my country and I did. But did you think I'd just let that happen? I'll rather kill myself first before letting that happen."

The evil mastermind turned pale. "You don't mean-"

"Yes, this academy with all of us will meet its ultimate destruction!"

"You rascal!" He punched me hard in the stomach which made me puke out blood.

There wasn't any time to dilly-dally and so I sprung amidst the chaos and ran---somehow my hand grabbed Lily from the chair. I really didn't want to but the thought of her blowing into bits scared me more than my own death.

"Just let me die." She was crying, her head bleeding from the torture of the helmet.

Since I hadn't eaten, the nausea was probably getting to me and that hard blow just intensified the pain.

"I won't let you." My hand held onto her hand even tighter as she continued bawling.

The ground shook and the inevitable happened all at once.

***

"Your Highness!" Someone cried and a loud boom reverberated in the whole manor.

"They're here!" It was Rick on his knees, badly beaten up and bleeding.

I jumped off the bed and tried to hold him up. "What the fuck is happening? I thought Gavier and the rest were arriving in a few minutes."

"They've arrived my prince, but our enemies have been waiting for them to come and jumped out to attack from where they've been hiding before your friends could even step inside."

"No, this can't be." What have I done?

He won't even let me have time to think of a plan with my friends or by myself.

"Get up, Rick." I gritted my teeth. "You're my loyal servant and I thank you for your services but now I need you more than ever. Please---please help me save my friends even if it costs your life or mine."

"Your Highness, I've been ready to die for what you wish to protect, be it your life or those important to you. Let this servant be your shield as you do your will."

"Rise, Wrickor Galmore Jr.," I commanded, "Knight of the Crown Prince."