Chapter 15

That was just too fast. :o But here ya go anyway, as promised. I'm spoiling you guys now because I have lots of free time. xD

*****

Lily's POV

   The next day, Levi didn't come much to my surprise. Is he okay?  Did anything happen to him? Did he give up on me?   I was worried to the core. I waited and waited but he didn't come. He didn't say anything about coming but I kind of expected him to come. Maybe, something went wrong with his work so he couldn't come.

The doorbell rang and my heart fastened its pace, thinking it was him. I slowly got up and nervously walked my way to the door. Clarianne and Ria were already there, letting the person come inside. It wasn't Levi at the door but another guy, probably Ria's brother. He was pretty young, still in his teens but he hovered over Clarianne and Ria who were pretty tall in my observation.

"Lily, this is my brother Quentin." Ria pulled me in front of her brother. I got a good look at his sharp features and brooding looks. He seemed temperament, and his mouth was frowning a little. His calculating hazel eyes scanned my body before he rolled his eyes.

"Are you and Clarianne hooking me up with someone again? Don't bother, I won't fall for that the second time," he groaned and mostly glared at Clarianne.

I gasped and stepped back as Clarianne laughed along with Ria.

"Don't get your boxers in a twist. This girl already has someone she likes," Clarianne explained.

"Clarianne, I know you and your conniving ways. I don't trust you." 

"Brother, don't worry, we won't try hook you up with another girl anymore," Ria tried to calm his brother down and held his arm.

He suddenly pulled his arm away as if she was fire. "Don't touch me, it's annoying." He looked down and I saw part of his ears turn red. 

Ria looked hurt, and being someone who rarely gives off expressions, it must have bothered her a lot.

"Quentin, don't be mean to your sister. She hasn't seen you in months and have been trying to come in contact with you. She won't say it but she really misses you a lot." Clarianne cooed as she smirked.

"Shut up, Clarianne," Ria muttered under her breath and put her claws on her arm.

Quentin looked up, a little shock written on his face but he quickly composed himself and strode forward with careful but quick steps towards Ria. Being tall, he lowered his head then kissed her cheek. "I missed you too." He left before any of us could say anything.

I put my hand over my mouth and gaped at Clarianne and Ria who were stunned as well.

"I knew it, he definitely has a sister complex," she said out of the blue.

"What does sister complex mean?" I asked.

"Quentin basically likes her and his like goes beyond the sister and brother relationship," she explained, "but they're actually not related. Quentin's adopted."

Ria was still feeling the aftershocks as she put the hand to her cheek, where Quentin had kissed her.

"That's not true. Quentin just misses me, you heard him," Ria defended. "He can't like me like that, we're siblings."

Clarianne hit her hip with hers. "We all know that's not just anything. He was blushing and was probably fighting his attraction for you. It's so adorkable."

"Stop the teasing Clarianne, it's not funny," Ria snapped. 

"What do you think, Lily?" 

"I don't know," I answered honestly. It all happened so fast, I was still a little bit confused.