70: Virginia

"Dadd!" I run to him, dropping my luggage.

"Grayson look who it is" I squeal pointing at dad.

"Papa" he says hugging his leg.

"Look at you. You're so big Grayson!" Dad exclaims.

"I know Papa" Grayson says in a duh tone.

"How are you sweetheart" dad says hugging me tightly.

"I'm really good now. I missed you so much" I say beginning to tear up a bit.

And before you say it, yes I am a huge crybaby. But hey that's how God chose to make me.

"I missed you too. Hey did you like that Michael Kris bag that I sent you by the way" he says joking.

I wave the bag around in response.

"It's Michael Kors papa" Grayson corrects dad. Who knew that my son knew the name better than my dad.

"By the way dad, how did you know the 1975 was one of my favorite groups. I also love the Britney Spears, Oops! I Did It Again album you got me. You really are the best."

"Well your little friend told me that you like that. I like that you're wearing the necklace I got you by the way" dad elbows me.

"Whaaat!? Which friend."

"The only one that you have" dad says nonchalantly.

"Dad! Jack Johnson is not my only friend."

"Ahhh so you do know which friend I was talking about" he agrees.

"I mean there's also Sam, Jack, Nate, Brock, David, Emma, Kim, Mike and Mack."

"Oh yeah those people too" he waves off, leading me to his super new hot convertible. "Btw family doesn't count as friends."

Yes. My dad really said btw. He's one of those kinds of dads.

"Gee thanks dad. Hey when did you get this nice new car?"

"Over last summer. Claire helped me pick it out. She has good taste."

After I buckled Grayson in a car seat in the back, I hopped in the front seat.

"Dad, who's car seat is that?"

"About that" he starts.

"You have a kid with Claire?"

"You see-"

I interrupt. "Oh my gosh why didn't you tell me dad!! This is so exciting. I have another sibling. Lemme guess it's a girl. No wait a boy. Tell me tell me everything dad" I squeal in excitement.

"Well we did have a baby together his name is Michael-"

"What? This is bullshit dad. What the actual fuck. Why do we only have boys in this family."

"Lucinda Jacklin(Yah-ke-lean) Gilinsky, do not use that type of language around your son."

"Boohoo. He doesn't say those words anyways."

"Why does it matter if we have a boy anyway?"

"Well this family is cursed with having only boys. I bet Daniel's the one who brought the girl inside of me."

"Can we please not talk about this honey" dad begs.

"I didn't mean it like that dad. Cause this you and mom had Luis, Elliott and Angel. Mom and Anthony who are by the way getting married next year, have two more guys who are older than me. Then there's Michael here. So what's next. Surprise me."