80: Date Night

"I don't even know about this anymore El!! I mean he was ignoring me at school most of the time."

"He's nervous that's just it! He told me so. He even told me to make sure you're there. He feels pressured too. You're gonna go and you're gonna have a good time. Now gimme your leg so I can shave it" Ellie instructs me to do, which I do.

"You know if anyone ever saw us like this they'd be so weirded out. That or they'd call us gay" El shaves my right leg first.

"This is totally normal!! I mean have they not seen a girl take a bath while another girl shaves for her" I say in a sarcastic happy tone.

Ellie and I have a weird friendship. But that's okay cause not all friends are normal. That and we all have our own thing or things we do with our friends.

"Obviously."

"I wonder what's gonna happen, what's he gonna wear?? Is he gonna take things slow?? Is he gonna be as nervous as me??"

"You have nothing to worry about Luce. He told me that he's gonna be matching with you. You're gonna have the best time of your life. He's gonna behave himself because he's respectful and I'm sure he's gonna be nervous too but don't be. You guys have known each other for a really long time. I don't understand why you're nervous now. Yeah it's a date but if you're both nervous then it's gonna be awkward. And you don't want that, so lay back and be chill."

"You're absolutely right. I'm gonna be chill. And this is gonna be a good date."

"Aughta girl! Now that I'm done I'm gonna leave so you can put on your clothes and get out of the bath. While I, set up makeup and heat up the curling iron."

"Hey Sebastian said that he's gonna be here in a bit with his little nephew."

"What?? He can't stay!"

"No, he's gonna do something I'll explain later. Make me look awesome."

"I forgot to ask you this, but how did your cousin react to all this."

"At first it was like a total shock to him but then he gave him this whole speech on how to treat me. But he's good."

"Come here, don't put on your outfit on yet actually. Put your robe on."

"Beautify me" I sit on the chair Ellie set up for me.

"Dude, I cannot wait for prom!!"

"You gotta let me do your makeup that day too. When is it by the way??"

"May 10th."

**

"And voilá! You can look now."

"You are seriously the best. I look amazing. Where did you learn to do all this" I admire myself in the mirror.

"YouTube."

"True that."

"Put on your clothes now I wanna see my masterpiece" she throws me the clothes.

"How do I look" I say as I put on the top, skirt and heels.

"We are almost done with you. Put these on and this goes well with it too" El gives me a pair of pearl earrings and a handbag.

"Do you remember what I told you" she asks pulling my skirt down.

"To not be a bitch."

"Okay, well besides that."

"Sit in a booth not a table, have stuff to talk about, don't be awkward, have fun, be very chill then slowly let my personality out cause I'm sure he's seen some side of me that nobody hasn't. Which is true."