81: Mathletes & Puppy Love

This weekend has been simply the greatest.

Jack and I are officially a couple since Friday. Next day, Saturday, I had dinner over at his place. Then Sunday, Jack had dinner over at my place.

Throughout the weekend I wasn't a second without Jack and I loved every minute of it.

It's great to know that our friends and family's always wanted the both of us together. And now that we're together they find it a bit weird.

Mainly because they're just used to seeing him as just my best friend.

I'm pretty sure that our friends and Jack know that we're a couple now but I guess we'll see how they'll actually react in real life.

Gilinsky on the other hand will probably feel weird, strict, and a bit too protective over this.

He's always been like that with all the boyfriends I've had. But this. This is different. I mean me, his cousin dating his best friend.

Throughout the weekend he's been ignoring me and Jack. But guess he can't runaway for long.

"What do you think they'll say?" I ask my boyfriend as we walk hand in hand in the school hallway.

"Not sure, but they'll eventually get used to it" Jack says.

"Well G has been ignoring us. I mean what's that about. It makes me feel a little nervous."

"Everything's gonna be okay baby girl" he says kissing the top of my head.

"What's with a the pet names."

"What do you not like them? I can just call you Lucy instead of babe, beautiful, gorgeous, baby, baby girl, doll, love. You've given me so many pet names too you know. I can just stop giving you them."

"Okay fine. You won't be called amor, corazon, cariño, baby boy, babe, baby, handsome, cutie."

"Fine."

"Fine."

A few seconds of silence and then we both randomly blurt out, "I can't."

"I love your pet names baby" I lay my head on his side.

"I do too. I find it hot when you call me those Spanish pet names."

We just laugh at our stupidness, making our way to our usual morning table in the courtyard.

"Well if it isn't Westside's new power couple" Terry Neals, one of the smartest girls in our grade says.

She's a little blonde headed girl with brown eyes, about my height and she's quite pretty actually. But the thing about her is that she's a showoff.

"Hello Lucy" she kindly says. "Jack" she rudely says.

"What do you want Terry."

"Well I was I gonna ask you if you're gonna join this year's Mathletes team. But as usual you can't."

"How do you know I can't this year."

"Well I mean you always flake on us every year."

You see we have this thing called the Mathletes. Yes it's exactly like from the movie Mean Girls. If you haven't seen it then we can't be friends.

But it's based off the movie. Freshman year is the year it started. I couldn't do it since I had Grayson, Emily and with Danny.

Even though Daniel would always say that he could take care of them both. I didn't wanna be a bad mom and leave him like that.