74: Mom's Out Shopping

"So tell me what's it like being a mother" Ellie asks looking the boys' section clothes.

Lately we've been getting close. Though I think it's mainly how we both bond of being mothers now I guess. But I think it's cool.

"It's the best thing ever really. At first it's unreal but you slowly start to fall in love with your kid. Nothing beats having a good bond with em."

"What was it like" she then asks.

"What was what like?"

"Being a single mother. If you don't mind asking."

"Well I don't think it was hard. Considering my boyfriend was there for at least 8 months or so when the kids were born."

"Oh that's right you had twins."

"Yeah. Both so lovely. But when time came and he left with Emily to heaven. It was a bit harder considering Grays would always ask about daddy. But I had my mom with me, my really close cousin Jack, our best friend Jack Johnson, their families and my dad sometimes."

"Sometimes?" She confusingly asks.

"Yeah cause he has a family here. All of you guys are his family, I can just tell he loves you all."

"Great guy he is. Matty looks up to him. But I didn't say that" she winks.

"Are you scared Ellie?"

"A little bit. My parents really didn't take it well. And I don't know what to do."

"Talk to them about it. My parents were helping me along the way including with my boyfriend. Even though they were a bit scared."

"If they don't take it well then you can stay at Casa Rodriguez also known as your boyfriend's house."

"But the thing is that Matty is gonna be in college, the boys have school, and both Claire and Allen work."

"Tell you what. We're gonna go talk to your parents and if things work out stay with them. If not you can come with me."

"Oh I don't know about that. Wouldn't I be a bother" she says unsure.

"Of course not. My mom loves it when I bring people to the house. I don't think she'd mind having my step sister in law. Whatever you're called to me."

"Step sister in law. Really?" She says like I'm dumb.

"Well what else am I supposed to call you!"

"Something less weird."

"Hey your pregnant symptoms are acting up."

"What are those?"

"It's like being on your period. The mood swings basically except they're 10 times worse."

"10 times worse?!!" She says widening her eyes.

"Yeah but it'll go quick."

"It's can't do this."

"Yes you can. Matty is really happy about this, you should be too. When time passes you're gonna miss that big belly of yours" calmly I said rubbing her stomach.

"Thanks. I don't what I'd do without you" she hugs me.

"Look at this cute dress Ellie" Claire  says putting it up. "Oops am I interrupting something, I'll just go."

"C'mon let's talk to your parents" I rub her back gently.

**

Long story short, we're currently packing all her shit. And it looks like she's gonna be living with me for a while.