Chapter 17

Lisa’s POV

The day has come where everyone was so excited. It’s been 6 months since we started our training here in the camp and now we’re going to face the real battlefield. Today will be our commencement and each one of us don’t know our ranks because our superiors told us that it will be a secret. Everyone was so nervous but happy that now they could already reap what they sow including me.

The speaker was Mr. Kang who absolutely nailed his speech about hard work, brevity, loyalty and so on and so forth. After that life changing speech, it’s time for the announcement of rankings and where we’ll be destined to work according to the contract.

“Kai and Lisa, both of you are impressive based on the result of your training. So both of you are assigned to be Ms. Jennie's very own bodyguards and before that could happen, meet me in my office. I’ll discuss something. Dismiss” then Mr. Kang walk away to inform the others about their jobs.

Me and Kai look at each other, but his eyes are screaming ‘bullshit'right through mine. I careless about the way he looks at me because I’m grateful that I did all this stuff. Chaeng and Jichu will be so proud of me, I miss my unnies so much.

“Happy alien? Well for me I’m not happy at all. Working with someone whom I don’t like make me hate the thought that I should be patient handling a stupid partner like you” he harshly commented.

I smirk “Well at least I’m way more normal than a retarded person like you” I spat back.

He balled his fist “Retarded? Isn’t that you?” he laughed which earned a few looks from everyone.

I just turned my back at him because I know the conversation won’t end good at all but before I could step away

“That’s right, walk away because that’s all you’d do when we’re on our jobs. Coward weird alien” he murmured.

I just kept quiet about his comments rather than replying back, I do believe that those who have empty brains are noisier than the usual ones. And that’s him, a man without brain.

Jennie’s POV

It’s been 3 months since I was working here at home after some incident 3 months ago. My father was so worried way back that time when he heard about the news that I nearly got kidnapped when we were on our way home. Some black SUVs block our car along the highway, fortunately my driver was fast enough to turn back the car and drove away running from those bastards. After that day, my father decided to let me work from home and never get out unless I told him so. He even add more security which makes him more overreacting than me.

“Dad where the hell have you been? I was just like waiting here for hours now” I whined.

He look at me “Don’t be dramatic, you’re just waiting for just like uhm 5 minutes?” he mimicked me which made me chuckled.

“Dad stop mimicking me, it’s not funny” I made an eyeroll.

He chuckled “Well it’s funny for me, anyway I’m here to tell you that your personal bodyguards will be starting to work tomorrow. I’ll introduce them to you”

“Ugghhh bodyguards again? They suck dad” I complain.

He look at me seriously “This is for your own sake princess, so please don’t mess with them. Promise me okay?” he pleaded.

“Okay fine, butttttttt if ever I have them can I go out now?”

He paused for a bit “Yes of course, I trust them both for you”

I smiled and hug him tightly “I’ll make them suffer” I giggled.

“No, not again princess” he warned.

“Yes again” I whispered which made him sighed.

Kai’s POV

We were packing our things before leaving the camp at 5, Mr. Kang said we’ll be reporting at the Kim’s mansion and that means I got to see a glimpse of Jennie. Well I got to see her everyday now and I can finally say that the training is worth it. I can’t help myself from smiling from the thought that I could also touch Jennie as I protect her from danger but there’s only a problem. That Lisa girl, she must be removed from the picture. There must be only me and Jennie, nothing more nothing else.