Chapter 9

Jennie's POV

I'm currently watching the crowd below as I didn't made my way downstairs to hear them greet me a happy birthday. They'll just say the same to me, so why don't they create a choir so I can hear it all at once. As my eyes scan the whole place it landed on the girl I saw earlier, she was talking to Jisoo. It looks like they knew each other which my great cousin didn't told me.
As I'm about to go back to my room my father suddenly stop me.

"My dear, why are you here alone? Why don't you join your visitors downstairs and catch up to your friends lives and enjoy" he put his hand on my shoulder.

I think some excuse for this old man nagging me "I don't feel well dad".

"That's a old sick alibi, I'll not buy it. I knew you just don't want to talk to them, don't you?" he chuckled.

I sighed "Right. I don't want to face them, I'm afraid I'll hear same old stories of them bragging what they had been done".

He faced me "You're being an over thinker, maybe it's not like that"

"Okay fine I'll go down just to please you" I roll my eyes

He hug me saying thank you. I walk down the stairs carefully as I made way to the venue, and right after I place my heels on the very last step, camera snaps are heard everywhere. As usual I had to smile and pose for pleasing personality. I'm wearing a red dress 1 inch above the knee not wanting to look seductive. My fake friends greet me as they kiss my cheek and gave gifts that I don't know if they gave it wholeheartedly or with grudge. One of them, hell only knows her name, suddenly spoke.

"So Jennie, what are your plans, beside from being a CEO?" she forcefully smile like I care.

As a bitch I just smile too "I don't make plans, I usually do whatever comes in my mind. And planning is boring" I sip at my champagne

"Ooohhh, that's amazing of you. I wish I had also your tactic" another girl spoke.

I smirk at her and shut my mouth before I could say 'yeah bitch 'coz you don't have brain' "You could, just use your head wisely"

They look annoyed at my answer which for me is common enough. After that I entertain some few more guests before my feet carried me to our own table because of tiredness.
I've been sitting at our table when suddenly that same bitch came along again being so nice.

"Hey Jen, I got you some drink because it looks like you're not enjoying your own party" she chuckled which is sound annoying.

I looked at her "Thanks for the drink, I don't really want a huge party. It's just that my dad wants to" I shrugged.

"Hmmmm okay, I should leave you alone for now. I forgot about Marge waiting for me" she stand and wave goodbye.

I muttered thanks god, but that was kinda weird. As I was going to drink the glass of wine someone grab it from me before I could do so. I glared at the one who did it which surprise me.