Chapter 25

Jennie’s POV

It was Kai’s day off this week, so it means I’m free of bugs the entire 7 days. But of course there’s Lisa to watch over me, which way more better than him except that Lisa is dumb. I decided to go out for a walk in the park to breath some fresh air and also to see other scenery. I look for Lisa since I ordered her to wait for me downstairs, its annoying to see them as I go out from my door from time to time so I told them that they don’t have to stand behind it anymore.

“Lisaaaaa!!!! Where the hell is that girl?” I shouted which made the maids turn their attention on me.

“What are you looking at? Have you seen her?” I ask them since I observe them lately that they’re hitting on her but Lisa is a kind of dumb to pinpoint it.

One of them replied “I…I t-think she’s on her room”

I didn’t dare to reply, well I’m rude to people who don’t know how to shut their mouth when you’re not facing them. I directly walk to Lisa’s room which is located near the stairs, I just opened the door without knocking. There I saw Lisa…… on a loose shirt and boxers. My eyes trailed on her glory, as it lingers there longer without breaking the eye contact. Shit that’s kinda big based on its size, she didn’t knew I was there since she’s busy checking her phone and she had some earbuds. But the moment she saw me, her jaw drops and she pick up whatever near to her to cover her up.

“J-jennie shit m-mademoiselle what are you doing here???” she struggled to stay calm.

I formed my lips into thin line restricting myself to stutter as I look away “I…I wanted to go to the park, I’ll wait outside” I got out instantly after saying those.

“Yes mademoiselle I’ll be there” she shouted before a loud thud was heard, dumb head as ever.

I sat at the couch, waiting for Lisa to come around. The latter’s figure was still posted on my mind that keeps on repeating like a broken movie scene. I started to feel hot all of a sudden even if the AC was in full blast already.

I look up as I heard some footprints coming at my way and there I saw, Lisa wearing a suit as they usually wear.

“You’re not kidding aren’t you? You’re not wearing that thing” I scoff.

She fixes her coat “I’m not kidding, I’m adulting. We usually wear this and we are ordered to wear this”

“Oh god, change into something more comfortable. Like some jogging pants or whatever casual not that formal. We’re going on for a walk, not a party” I instructed.

“But…” I cut her off.

“No buts dumb head, go” I scroll on my phone as she walks back to her room.

After a few minutes of playing on my phone, she came back. I look at her and smiled, she looks even better in casual clothes.

“That’s nice, atleast you don’t look like a goon today. Come on, I want to watch the sunset” I stand on the couch as we both walk outside the mansion and drive right away.

Lisa’s POV

I can’t understand Jennie sometimes, there are days she smile but most of it were not. Like today she smile a lot, I brought my camera with me to take some shots since I also love photography.

Jennie was facing the sun set, so I had the chance to take a picture of her.

“If you badly want to take a picture of me, just ask me so” she said without facing me.

“Uhmm sorry mademoiselle, the scene was just really pretty to take a shot on” I defended myself, I did some few shots on other scenery.

I saw her nod in my peripheral vision “Can you please take a picture of me then, I wanted to add it in my collection”

“O-okay, j-just stand right there mad….” she didn’t let me finish my words.

“Just call me Jennie, mademoiselle is such a very formal acknowledgement” she told me honestly.

I nod then speak “Uhm if you don’t mind can I give you a nickname?” I ask her as I fidget my fingers.

“Sure, if that’s what makes you comfortable. You know I just give chances like a limited edition” she spoke as she kick some pebbles as we walk.

I smiled dearly “Okay, I’ll call you Nini. It sounds pleasant to my ears” I snap some pictures in my camera.

She just smiled at the nickname I gave her “It’s the first time I allowed someone to gave me a nickname so you call me Nini, I’ll call you Lili so it’s fair, how about that Lili?” she stare at me like I have an adorable face.

Her hair was freely blown by the cool wind, she scrunch her cute nose. I look back at her “It sounds the same, but sure as long as it comes from you”

“So? What now Lili? Should I pose like this?” she did some funny pose that made me laugh.

“Hahahahaha no, uhm you should stand right there, facing the sunset then you look back at me” I instructed which she obliged.

I capture some photos of her in different poses and in different background. After a few minutes of taking pictures, I showed my shots of her which made her amaze. We sat by the sand as our feet brought us here, and we're kinda exhausted of all the walking and taking photos.

“You're like a pro in photography that have millions of clients in line just to be shot by you, that’s how great you made it. You know, you should be a professional photographer” she commented on me as she still looks at her photos.

“That’s one of my dream, but it seems like it wasn’t really for me” there’s a hint of sadness in my voice. I look at the sun setting down “It seems like there’s nothing really for me, ever” I ended.

“Why would you say such thing? I mean look at you, you’re one of my dad’s army and that means you matter” she trace some lines in the warm sand using her fingers.

I hug my knees “You would say that, but what I mean is I have dreams that couldn’t be granted. Like being a photographer, having a degree, build a home for my family. I wanted to have kids and be a responsible parent for them til I die. Do the things I wanna do, create memories with those special persons and many more. Because those were the things I didn’t experienced or felt” my voice kinda shakes but I'm just playing it cool.

I know she suddenly feel guilty and she can’t help herself to give sympathy on me based on her expression. I'm that kind of girl whom you’ll never expect to have a sad side, because of the reason that I'm always smiling and laughing.

“Don’t look at me like that, it made me sadder” I smiled shaking the sadness away as I try to look more happier.

“I…..I’m sorry to hear th..” I cut her off not wanting to hear that she's sorry of what she had heard from me.

“Don’t, don’t feel sorry. I’m okay, I am. Really” I assured her.

After that talk, we just kept silent watching the sun set. It’s pretty just like her, my answer keeps taunting me because it’s the most saddest answer I've ever said. Ever.