Chapter 34

Lisa’s POV

I’m hurt emotionally by the one and only Jennie Kim. Its more painful since the words came out from her own mouth, Kai was right. Jennie would never like me, she would rather kiss a butt than kissing me. I just sigh, I should set that aside and bring her home to his father. We were still walking and I know she’s already tired since we didn’t yet stop or rest for a bit.

“Let’s stop here for few minutes, here’s some water” I calmly spoke while giving a bottled water to her.

She look at me worriedly “Thank you, Lili”

“If you think I’m not okay, you’re right. But it doesn’t matter anyway, you badly want to go home. So am I” I lied on the last part.

Just say I am selfish, but I don’t really want to get home as of the moment. I wanna be with her longer or should I say I want her to be with me maybe in that way she’ll like me.

“I can’t tell if you’re mad, sad, in sorrow or pain. I’m sorry for disregarding your feelings” she explained while she fix her hair behind her ear.

I pulled out a ponytail then offered it to her, she accepted it. She tied her hair in a bun, God why did she look like a goddess. As I watch her I heard a sound of a car not far from where we are.

“You heard that?” I ask her.

“Heard what?” she was puzzled on my question.

“There’s a car not far from here, I heard it. Stay here I’ll just look for it” but before I could leave I went back to her “Now I’m giving you the authority to hold a gun, if I don’t come back immediately…carry on walking with or without me…understood?” she nod but before I could go she pulled my wrist which made me got near her.

“What if those were the bad guys? We can’t trust that Lisa” worried flash through her eyes.

“We can’t tell if we don’t look Nini, this is our only hope to escape to this place. You wanted to go home right? This is it Nini, we are both going home” I assured her.

She sigh “Okay, but if you saw the bad guys go back instantly”

“Yes ma’am, copy” I smiled which made her smile too.

This is our only shot, no turning back. I followed the sound of the engine of a car, it was a few meters from where we are. When I calculated that I’m already near I hide behind a tree, watching where the hell is that car. I saw a cemented road that could take us through the city, I notice the car was on the side while the driver was struggling to fix something on the engine. I bravely walk out from where I hide and go to him.

“Uhm mister, do you need help?” I’m nervous as hell.

“Oh hey young lady, yeah I’ll probably need your help since I can’t start this goddamn car hahahaha what are you doing in the middle of the road? I guess you got lost? You're not from here” he seems nice and funny.

“I’m Lisa by the way sir, uhm you're sort of correct of that part. Well I’ll help you but also please help us too. We are being chase by some bad guys and we ended up living here for four days” I pleaded.

He look at me unbelievably “I’m Arthur. Shit that’s an awful story, okay come on let’s fix this and get outta here”

“But before that I should bring my companion here, she might get worried if I’m gone for too long” I laugh.

“Sure fetch her then” he laugh.

I walked back from where I left Jennie, she was pacing back and forth when I saw her.