Chapter 18

Third Person's POV

Morning came where everyone was in order and well prepared in the mansion. Everyone was so busy checking what miss out or if something was not there. Jennie on other hand was still on her bed, holding her phone while scrolling on social media. She didn’t have the plan on getting out of bed because she was too lazy to face the guests who’ll arrive any minute soon. Mr. Kim was downstairs busy reminding the maids of what should they do and he even ask one of them to call Jennie in her room. But little did he know that they’re afraid to call her or to even knock on her door so they keep on pointing who’s going upstairs to tell her about the meeting. Mr. Kim just sighed in defeat and he presented to call her own daughter who’s probably not in the mood again to obey.

Meanwhile…..

The team was on its way to the Kim’s mansion, Kai and Lisa didn’t even talk to each other when the case was they’re going to be partners soon. They even didn’t glance which was so very awkward since they are seated beside each other. Kai only mind his own intentions rather than doing what he supposed to do, on other hand Lisa was kinda bit nervous about her new job as a bodyguard. She even forgot to open her phone to text Chaeng and Chu that she’s done on her training, so she struggled to find it on her bag which made Kai irritated because of the movements she’s making. After like 100000 seconds joke, she found it and begun texting them. She was so excited to see both of her very own friends that she knew miss her too. The ride took about 10 hours because it was too far away from the city where the Kim’s residence is. Some are chit chatting to kill their boredom while some are sleeping including Lisa and the ride went good but not good enough for Kai and Lisa.

Jennie’s POV

I did my morning rituals in my face and body. I just wear a plain ladies polo and a black slock which I paired with my black rubber shoes. I only wore designer fashion clothes but even if I just wear some cheap ones I still look gorgeous. That only means that I’m the principal and everything I wear is just plain accessory. They’re so noisy downstairs that I had to get out just to check what’s going on already, to my surprise I saw a lot of different food in the table. Does my father planned a family reunion that he told the chefs to cook that much?

“Jennie, are you really going to meet your guards in that outfit? Go change them” my strict dad appears on the end of the staircase.

“Why? I don’t need to impress them and I look good at any kind of clothing dad” I boast.

“But…” I cut him

“No buts dad, this will do” I replied.

As usual he didn’t complain because what I say is what I will do. I really didn’t want to face the guards he’s blabbering about since last night but I had to because I need to criticize them. I walked downstairs to sip some coffee and to tell you honestly I make my own coffee because I don’t trust our evil maids. I was busy in the kitchen when few unknown voices are heard in the dining area.

“Welcome to our humble home, make yourself comfy I ordered my maids to make some breakfast for all of you. I know the trip was tiring, take a seat before we all discuss our business later” I heard my dad spoke.

“This was too much Mr. Kim, you shouldn’t troubled yourself” a soft voice spoke which I guess was a girl.

“Nah, this is only a small thing. Everyone let’s eat, please call my daughter” he spoke maybe one of the maids.

I sip my coffee as I wait for whoever maid will call me.

“Miss breakfast is ready, everyone was waiting…” I walked pass her before she could continue what she was currently saying.

I opened the door revealing myself to my father’s guests which are about 10 men. Let me correct 9 men and 1 woman, I didn’t recognize her as a girl because she looks so masculine on her outfit which add more on her appeal other than her looks. She looks familiar though but I didn't know where I met her. I didn’t know I was checking her out when my father fake cough which made me get back on my senses.

“Everyone this is my daughter Jennie, Jennie this are my men. Introduce yourself” he told them authoritatively

One by one was telling their names to me but only one person really caught my interest.

“Hi Jennie, I’m Kai” a guy spoke.

My left eyebrow raised as he only called me in my name, rude.

“Hi I’m L…” I shush the girl before speaking.

“You, are we closed? Why would you only call me by my name? Are we on a first name basis here?” I said strictly.

The guy bowed at me and mumbled “I’m sorry miss, my bad”

After that I signaled the girl to speak.

“H-hi m-miss, my n-name is-sss Li-lisa” then I heard her curse.

“What? Lilisa? Tsk stupid name” I comment.

“Jennie, watch your words” my father warn.

The guy named guy laughed then I spat “What’s funny?”

He suddenly kept quiet and I turn to look back at the girl.

“I’m Lisa miss” she said without stuttering.

“Hmmm Lisa, nice to meet you all. But I’m telling you, I have eyes everywhere.  One wrong move will be the death of you” I used my scariest aura on them which sent shivers to their state.

The breakfast went well as my dad spoke to them, while I was enjoying my own food. I was a little bit uncomfortable due to Kai intently looking at me on my very move. He was like a human CCTV that cares on what I’m currently doing and it makes me cringe. After eating, my dad ordered them to enter his office to talk about the contract and of course the do's and don’ts since their going to start today. I just got back in my room put my earphones on and listen to music which led me to drift off.